LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We have towed for years, the last being a Terios, and to preempt the “Can’t see the point, Why not buy a caravan” argument I would, if I could tow a twelve ton 36’ caravan with multiple slide outs and the living space that gave us.

I can’t so it was back to driving the 36’ RV and towing whatever toys we needed, boat or car mainly.

However, got a tiddly Winnebago now, only 8m and we have been happy covering the miles on our bikes, but have bought a puppy after being ‘dogless’ for two years

When he (Buddy) is older he will travel in a Croozer XXL bike trailer, but that’s a while off so we decided to buy a small car to tow.

But we seem to have hit a snag, we want a small toad that can have a tow bar, not to tow, but to mount the tor bar mounted cycle rack, as we will still want to take our bikes

Does anyone have a tow car that has a tow bar?
IMG-20240701-WA0001.jpg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
There was a Suzuki Ignis being A framed on the site we’re on and I think that had a tow bar on it, also I would think a Kia Picanto would be able to have a tow bar.
We tow a Peugeot 107 and I think I’ve seen a tow bar for that , that’s is made for a bike rack only.

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You can get bike racks that hang off the hatchback.
That means two different racks, the Altera rack we use on the camper is excellent for our e-bikes.

I’m happy to buy a new car so will buy a car that can take a tow car for convenience rather than compromise 👍🏻

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Check that the car you buy will carry the weight of towbar, rack and two electric bikes. Some small cars may not meet that requirement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
A box trailer of some sort perhaps..? Small car and bikes inside…🤔
Done that in the past and its hassle. The TowBars 2 Towcars system is five minutes from towing to driving or the other way around

My last car was a Terios which had a over run braking system on and while it worked, it was so heavy, hooking up bowden cables, bungies clips etc way too much hassle

I's retired now so simplicity is the buzz word lol

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Done that in the past and its hassle. The TowBars 2 Towcars system is five minutes from towing to driving or the other way around

My last car was a Terios which had a over run braking system on and while it worked, it was so heavy, hooking up bowden cables, bungies clips etc way too much hassle

I's retired now so simplicity is the buzz word lol

Of course we have all seen the pictures on here with a bike rack on the front of a vehicle… is that even legal in their country…🤔😆

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We used to have a Citroen C1 which was always on a trailer but although it would tow nothing you could buy a towbar kit purely for carrying bikes on the back.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I offer no help.....

However, my god that is soooooo cute...

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Bike rack mounted on the rear wall of the motorhome I'd have thought the easiest solution.
It means you don't have to faf about with the car to get the bikes off and vice versa.

Or

Car on a flatbed trailer, with one of those cycle racks that fits on the front of a caravan over the tow hitch

Or

Bikes on the roof of the car

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Bike rack mounted on the rear wall of the motorhome I'd have thought the easiest solution.
It means you don't have to faf about with the car to get the bikes off and vice versa.

Or

Car on a flatbed trailer, with one of those cycle racks that fits on the front of a caravan over the tow hitch

Or

Bikes on the roof of the car
No, the easiest solution is “Plan A” as seen on an earlier set up, on a different Winnebago and a different German Shepherd

Anyone who has been to Van Bitz recently will know that the 6’ 3” 30 year old NickVanBitz looks different now

1720544012861.jpeg

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have towed for years, the last being a Terios, and to preempt the “Can’t see the point, Why not buy a caravan” argument I would, if I could tow a twelve ton 36’ caravan with multiple slide outs and the living space that gave us.

I can’t so it was back to driving the 36’ RV and towing whatever toys we needed, boat or car mainly.

However, got a tiddly Winnebago now, only 8m and we have been happy covering the miles on our bikes, but have bought a puppy after being ‘dogless’ for two years

When he (Buddy) is older he will travel in a Croozer XXL bike trailer, but that’s a while off so we decided to buy a small car to tow.

But we seem to have hit a snag, we want a small toad that can have a tow bar, not to tow, but to mount the tor bar mounted cycle rack, as we will still want to take our bikes

Does anyone have a tow car that has a tow bar?View attachment 920817
He is very cute Eddie!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back