Toilet not opening smoothly (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 29, 2020
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Sorry to bring another toilet thread to the forum! Our toilet has been fine until now, but after emptying, cleaning and replacing the cassette this evening, we have noticed that the opener between the bowl and the cassette seems to be stiff or catching on something. We have taken it out and replaced it and there is not visible issues. Any advice please?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We have taken it out and replaced it and there is not visible issues. Any advice please?
Is the cassette itself stiff to open when removed, or only when replaced in the compartment?

When the cassette is removed, is the opening lever at the bowl still stiff to operate?

Good luck sorting it out by process of elimination. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
The devil is in the detail of this problem, but we’ve had that too. The bits inside are far too over- engineered and far too prone to catching paper / breaking off. First step is to check ( whilst the cassette is out of the van) if the green (other colours are available) twister on the top will open the hole easily. A silicone spray in the general interior will often help. You may need to take out the main disc (sorry I don’t know what the parts are called - google the manufacturer for diagrams) to clear accumulated ’gunk’. In my opinion the white float mechanism to trigger the ‘full’ light is a waste of time. We have dramatically reduced the ‘mechanical’ issues by simply putting toilet paper in a nappy bag and using SolBio which reduces solids to liquid very quickly.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Have you put the top slider back wrongly? When you push the cassette back in place it should move to clear the mechanism. “We” 🥴 have sometimes not put it back the right way ’round and then the indoor lever won’t work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
When you remove your toilet cassette , is there any little "compartments" underneath?
Mines has two, and one has never had a lid as long as I had the van, until I was giving it a good scrub out a while back and found the second lid jammed at the back of the box.
I fitted into the correct place, but on inserting my toilet cassette, it jumped out of place and I only found out when I noticed the trap was stiff to operate.
Put it back, and made sure it was in the correct place and the trap works fine again 👌

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
When you remove your toilet cassette , is there any little "compartments" underneath?
Mines has two, and one has never had a lid as long as I had the van, until I was giving it a good scrub out a while back and found the second lid jammed at the back of the box.
I fitted into the correct place, but on inserting my toilet cassette, it jumped out of place and I only found out when I noticed the trap was stiff to operate.
Put it back, and made sure it was in the correct place and the trap works fine again 👌
That too! 👍

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
You need to remove and empty the cassette and then remove the large circular part on top and clean and check the mechanism.. not unusual for bits to move and get displaced and get jammed... especially if you are a severe shaker when emptying cassette...👍

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a Dometic system and I use Silicon grease, which you can buy in tubes and tubs. Curiously, I've found the worst offender for sticking isn't anything rubber but the two metal rods under the handle you pull to open the flap. A smear of grease on these makes a big difference.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back