Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi you lovely Sunday morning Guys,
I have realised over the past couple of weeks, as only had Renee for 5 wks now!

That the look is leaking onto the floor! Well, now the basin bit, that seems to be dry! It happens, when I open the lever, push it back, and a dripping of what looks like condensation water ( but maybe, that is me being hopeful here, and it is not Urine ! SHREIK!), that comes out of the lever on that motion of pulling it, and putting it back again.

So at present, I am away in the Derbyshire dales on a Bentley Rally, and stick some clothes under the lever, to stop it dripping onto the floor !

Please Please tell me this is not something too problematic or expensive, as Ive now spent my lives savings on Renee, not a lot left ! hahaha
Thank you not too difficult explanations either , Im a lady novice owner hahah
Caroline

So

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It 'could' be that on a previous 'occasion' the slider was not quite completely shut or open.
In such circs. it is possible that 'liquid' can circumvent the seal and escape.
Take the cassette out and open the sliding mechanism and the hole and seal that it fits in. There may be 'something' (Heck, I don't think I've used so many inverted comma's in one post before?)

Make sure the seal is doing exactly that, ie. sealing.

Don't know your van, but, going back, they used to fit carpets in bathrooms.
If that's the case and the carpet has got wet with, 'something' mop it up best you can and then get some enzyme cleaner from a pet store. Puddle the area with the cleaner which will kill the bacteria and the smell.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Do you have a tip up basin in the washroom? The waste pipe behind can block and overflow.
Photos of your setup and where the “moisture”is would help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Do you have a tip up basin in the washroom? The waste pipe behind can block and overflow.
Photos of your setup and where the “moisture”is would help.
The pipes can also perish or split and need replacing

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
Had a similar problem with mine, a drop or two of something ( didn't do a taste test) on the floor under the handle.....solved it by cleaning the seal each time I emptied the cassette....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back