Toilet cassette float

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
As title, the float in my cassette has broken off the mounting, is it possible to buy a replacement float, if not I shall try a repair of the broken one, I am loathe to buy another cassette as I already have two.
I discovered that the toilet will not flush as with the float being broken the system thinks the cassette is full, another little piece of information learnt.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Shouldn't affect the flushing.

£26??? They are £10 to £15 depending on loo model.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just don’t bother, I’ve not had a working float for 12 years and never had a problem, I just simply look at the level and empty when required.

Funny thing is, that i thought the float was missing, but on a deep strip and clean it was still there, just wedged up out of the way and soon freed off. I still don’t wait until the lights on to empty it. If I’m on a site, then it’s daily, if wilding, then whenever I get the chance to do it 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
The float in the particular Cassette, light blue,is particularly weak so when rinsing people are usually a bit aggressive with the shaking to rinse it,this often dislodges the float but more often than not it breaks it.
Gentle shaking is the way to ensure it stays intact and save £25 a pop.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Mine fell of early on in to our 3 month euro trip, it's in a bag in the hatch under the cassette, never caused any problems without it, so it isn't going back on.

I don't need no idiot light to warn me it's full, I can visually see when it getting there 💩

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
The OP said that it won't flush though...... Which is the issue, not the 'does it needs emptying ' question.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
He never mentioned the make.
He didn't, but the video in the first reply showed a Dometic cassette being used and mentioned that the flush will not work if the float is broken. Other posts then said that theirs will still flush with no float. I just put two together to get the answer.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
He didn't, but the video in the first reply showed a Dometic cassette being used and mentioned that the flush will not work if the float is broken. Other posts then said that theirs will still flush with no float. I just put two together to get the answer.
A bit early for you Peter. 🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
It appears that it is a Dometic toilet, not Thetford, hence no flush until the float is fixed.
Mine, on a domestic fell off 2 years ago, and it still flushes but the light never comes on. Win win as far as I'm concerned!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back