Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Tried to find under search but no luck.
Just got our MH back. Trailer and the car we put on the trailer have been sold.
So
This time we are thinking a TOAD. (tried every other form of secondry transport)
Question, can someone remind me which automatics can be towed flat.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
We towed our smart car for many years but I must say it was more trouble than it was worth ,like when you need to reverse ,when looking for a parking spot on a stellplatz or needing to turn round .

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We towed our smart car for many years but I must say it was more trouble than it was worth ,like when you need to reverse ,when looking for a parking spot on a stellplatz or needing to turn round .
Noted

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
A lot of the information you need will be in this recent thread:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
A lot of the information you need will be in this recent thread:

Thanks for that. That was the thread i was looking for. Now more informed.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Tried to find under search but no luck.
Just got our MH back. Trailer and the car we put on the trailer have been sold.
So
This time we are thinking a TOAD. (tried every other form of secondry transport)
Question, can someone remind me which automatics can be towed flat.
fiat 500

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We are all waiting for the usual "You may as well tow a caravan if you want to tow a car" which of course is nonsense!

"If " I could tow a caravan with hydraulic jacks, double door fridge freezer, ice maker, 5kw built in generator, glass double glazing 60' TV with surround sound as well as external TV's for watching rugby with mates, quad slide outs, massive black and grey tanks I perhaps would consider towing a caravan, domestic shower and WC plus loads more I could consider it

Until then, I'll drive the RV that has all of this, and tow a small, tiny "run a round" on an A Frame behind my camper for the days that the bikes won't cut it

In addition it becomes a trailer/garden shed to chuck the table and chairs in when moving from place to place, or are we saying that if anyone has a trailer, they should also be condemned to driving a caravan as "what's the point?"

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
We are all waiting for the usual "You may as well tow a caravan if you want to tow a car" which of course is nonsense!

"If " I could tow a caravan with hydraulic jacks, double door fridge freezer, ice maker, 5kw built in generator, glass double glazing 60' TV with surround sound as well as external TV's for watching rugby with mates, quad slide outs, massive black and grey tanks I perhaps would consider towing a caravan, domestic shower and WC plus loads more I could consider it

Until then, I'll drive the RV that has all of this, and tow a small, tiny "run a round" on an A Frame behind my camper for the days that the bikes won't cut it

In addition it becomes a trailer/garden shed to chuck the table and chairs in when moving from place to place, or are we saying that if anyone has a trailer, they should also be condemned to driving a caravan as "what's the point?"
You may as well put an engine on your house 😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back