Three 24GB Pay As you Go Data SIM Card (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
My last one 24month ran out yesterday, i am obviously not a large data user. Replacement at argos £35 is there a more cost effective way? £1.50 a month for 1G its the 24 month that appealing.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do you really need a preloaded sim? Lebara are doing loads of deals on their monthly sims, just search for Lebara and my user name.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, if you are happy with the coverage that three gives you, a better deal with more data per month and a longer timeframe, is a current deal from Scancom on Amazon.
3GB per month, lasts until April 27, approx 31 months, £24.99, so just over 80 pence per month 👍

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0D2J1XNQ8?tag=mhf04-21

I bought mine in July on Prime day, on offer at £19.99 and has been running fine monitoring my cctv and solar system.

There's quite a few of us on here using Scancom sims with excellent results

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Yes, if you are happy with the coverage that three gives you, a better deal with more data per month and a longer timeframe, is a current deal from Scancom on Amazon.
3GB per month, lasts until April 27, approx 31 months, £24.99, so just over 80 pence per month 👍

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0D2J1XNQ8?tag=mhf04-21

I bought mine in July on Prime day, on offer at £19.99 and has been running fine monitoring my cctv and solar system.

There's quite a few of us on here using Scancom sims with excellent results
I have been running a Scancom sim for the past twoyears. No issues with the service.

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
I have been running a Scancom sim for the past twoyears. No issues with the service.
I have a 3 MIFI unit and have always bought a 24 month 3 sim for the Europe holidays. Will the Scancom or even Lebra work in the 3 MIFI unit without me having to go into any settings? I wouldn't know what to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
I have a 3 MIFI unit and have always bought a 24 month 3 sim for the Europe holidays. Will the Scancom or even Lebra work in the 3 MIFI unit without me having to go into any settings? I wouldn't know what to do.
No EU roaming included AFAIK

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Can confirm Scancom 3 business data sims are UK only. No roaming.

Tried it in both (unlocked) a Huawei 5577cs (3) and a ZTE MU-5001 (Vodafone) and works by default.

Lebara?????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If your mifi is not ancient then it should be unlocked to allow any SIM to work in it.

Lebara phone sims will work in the mifi, you will just have to set up the apn, not difficult. They do allow roaming too, we've used a few of them in our old mifi without any problems.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Scancom sims will work in any 3 locked (or any unlocked) device. However, you may want to change the APN as many devices (ZTE ones at least) default annoyingly to the smarty settings when they see a Three sim. It does work, but slower than it would on the correct APN for a 3 business contract as scancom provide.

Always worth checking your APN is set to three.co.uk with no username or password and auth type of none. If it's set to mob.asm.net (the one for smarty) it will still work, but be slower than it could be.

Worth everyone finding out how APN settings work on their device (each is different) to make sure these kind of errors don't happen, it doesn't stop them working (mostly) but does lower the speed by quite a margin in reality (tests I've done show the mob.asm.net APN on a three sim effectively halves the data rate).

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
I’m on 1P mobile (EE), £8 for 10gb per month.
I have been with 1p mobile for some years now. Currently on £36 for 1year (now about£40/42) for 0.5GB unlimited calls and texts. As mostly on Wi-Fi at home then the 0.5GB is sufficient. If going away then sometimes get the 25GB for £10 for 30 days boost - make sure though that it is cancelled before getting it again the next month. Works very well. Just had a week in north Norfolk and wife couldn’t get signal anywhere on 3 but no problem with EE.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back