LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Headed into Luxembourg this morning to take advantage of the cheap diesel and the almost give away Adblue(€0.49L) but further €0.05l off if you fill more that 150l of diesel. All was well and felt happy with myself getting a bargain.
On our way back to Trier sitting on the motorway I passed a lay-by with a Policeman watching us through binoculars. I then watched the blue lights go on on the police car and chased out of the lay-by. It pulled in front of us with the sign flashing, STOP…Follow Me. We went about 1 mile into the services at the border. I was rehearsing what I was going to say and was convinced I was not speeding. We weaved through the traffic of the services until to my delight arrived at a massive Police set up with tents, dogs, heavily armed police and lots of coned lanes for vehicles to sit in.
We were directed to a lane and a very polite officer asked for our passports, driving license and Motorhome documents. I handed them all over and off he went to a tent which resembled an internet cafe. 10 minutes later we were handed back our documents and told to proceed back to the motorway. The vehicle was not searched and we were asked not to get out of the vehicle.
Google search shows Germany have temporary border checks at the moment due to the security risk of the Euros
I left with a smile, I thought I was getting charged.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Its nice when they reward you for having big tanks, helps ease the pain of filling them up :)

TC3

Jul 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540 Pro
I do not get it? You thought you were getting charged for what exactly when you know you did nothing wrong

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I do not get it? You thought you were getting charged for what exactly when you know you did nothing wrong
Well I may have been over the speed limit at some point I was not watching the speedo but I didn’t feel as though I had, but I did have a little worry. I’m unfamiliar with how much leeway is given in Germany so when a Police car races out of a lay-by with blue lights flashing and flashing headlights the assumption is you have done something wrong 🙄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back