Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
We are currently getting a new(er) Hymer and asked the supplier to fit a SOG. The Hymer has a C250 cassette. The workshop has told me the Hymer has Thetford extractor on it, but will fit a SOG if we want, question is ...is the Thetford as good as a SOG ? workshop have me confused as they say they are not the same ??? and do different things.

I could save some cash if the Thetford is okay ?

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Well, after a night away, I can definitely say it has a Thetford extractor, works okay, but it's bloody NOISY!!!
No chance of a quiet pee at 2am, that's for sure, everyone around knows what you're doing.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We are currently getting a new(er) Hymer and asked the supplier to fit a SOG. The Hymer has a C250 cassette. The workshop has told me the Hymer has Thetford extractor on it, but will fit a SOG if we want, question is ...is the Thetford as good as a SOG ? workshop have me confused as they say they are not the same ??? and do different things.

I could save some cash if the Thetford is okay ?
We have one and it does work, no idea about the SOG but my guess is you could always try the Thetford one and if not up to expectations for a SOG later

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The Thetford one is noisy outside as well as in and the filter needs changing every few weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Fitted two silent 7 computer fans in tandem operated by a micro switch on the slide handle,
Works a treat with no discernible noise, removed the carbon filter and it all works very well,
Except for the draught over your nether region when sitting down šŸ˜

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We've had SOGs on previous motorhomes and for the past seven years the Thetford version and both do the same job quite satisfactorily.
If your new motorhome already has a Thetford vent just give it a try as you can always retrofit a SOG later but I don't think it will be necessary.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back