Thetford fridge not getting down to temperature

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Currently parked up in Roses & our Thetford 3 way fridge doesnt seem to be working as well as it should be.
It was OK until we parked overnight on a sloping site in Carcassone and this morning I noticed that the freezer contents had defrosted. Suspect it may be that the angle of slope may have been too much for the fridge.

Drove down to Roses and plugged it into EHU for a few hours, but its still not chilling correctly. I have set the temp controller to 3 and we are currently running on EHU. The Freezer is sitting at around -10C and the fridge is at 10C

The fridge is switching automatically between modes and there are no faults shown. Fridgeis three years old so not that old. There is heat coming from the top vent & its is working on gas if I switch to that mode.

If it was the slope that caused the problem how long is it likely to take for the fridge to sort itself out?

Also checked the thermal paste on the rear of the aluminium fins. and its is dried out so probably not as efficient as it could be. There is a computer repair shop half a mile away so will try them in the morning to see if they have any CPU thermal paste.

Any other thoughts on what I can try to get it sorted?

Think I may look at changing it over winter for a compressor one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back