Thetford Fridge 630543 Cooling Kit (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone fitted a Thetford Fridge cooling Fan Kit (630543) i fitted one i can't get it to run .I've had a hair dryer on the thermal sensor until it was proper hot . Any idea what temperature they are supposed to cut in at please .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I made a DIY one from computer fans and an adjustable thermal switch.
Just seen the instructions for the Thetford and note that it says connect red to red and black to black.. That's fine if your van uses that wiring BUT on my Burstner it is totally different. So i would make sure you have the correct wires for the 12v connection (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Aug 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just seen the instructions for the Thetford and note that it says connect red to red and black to black.. That's fine if your van uses that wiring BUT on my Burstner it is totally different. So i would make sure you have the correct wires for the 12v connection (y)
Ok fair comment i'll check that out Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Aug 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just a thought but as the thermal sensor is effectively just a switch if I take the connectors of it and touch them together it should complete the circuit and the fan should cut in . am I right do you think

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not familiar with your kit and its been a while since i did mine but yes in theory it is just a switch.
However before doing anything i would ensure you have a PERMENANT LIVE 12v feed, test with a meter (y)

Mine has an adjustable temperate control, just a few pounds off ebay.. I can change it to suit..

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Aug 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not familiar with your kit and its been a while since i did mine but yes in theory it is just a switch.
However before doing anything i would ensure you have a PERMENANT LIVE 12v feed, test with a meter (y)

Mine has an adjustable temperate control, just a few pounds off ebay.. I can change it to suit..

View attachment 866537
I have checked the feed and its all good I'll have a look at fitting a temperature controller , seems like a better system . thanks for your help , much appreciated

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I have checked the feed and its all good I'll have a look at fitting a temperature controller , seems like a better system . thanks for your help , much appreciated
Are you sure the positive is the positive, and neg is neg. Not just 12v. Moho wire colours can be very odd.

Upvote 0

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
On the pipe as indicated in the instructions . I took the sensor of and applied heat with a hair dryer , i couldn't get the fan to cut in
I have mine pushed into the fins at the right hand end of the heat exchanger and they do get bloody hot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back