Thermal windscreen covers (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
we have a Autotriail Apache 700 on a Fiat Ducato . we've just started using a thermal curtain dropped down behind the front cab seats . This has reduced the heat loss considerably . The downside is we have masses of condensation in the cab , i mean soaking wet on the inside of windscreen and side windows. How effective/ practical are the external thermal covers please ?.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you get good ones it will eliminate condensation on the screen completely, I had polar screens on my hymer aclass so I’m only going by my experience….

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Wouldn't be without ours,they sometimes come up in the classified section.

Three main suppliers are,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
How effective/ practical are the external thermal covers please ?.
Completely. Mine totally eliminates condensation on the screen/cab side windows. They're easy to put on and take off. If wet can easily be wiped down. Fold/roll up with no problem and have a waterproof bag so if they're packed damp they don't make other stuff damp too. Wouldn't be without them.

Jan 23, 2023
Lincolnshire, UK/ Torre del mar ES
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftain
Exp
Since 1983 motorhoming ,got the bug in a T2 in 76.
A big yes to a Polar Technologies silver thermal cover ,especially the long length version that covers the air vents at bottom of your windscreen ,= no draughts or condensation.
Got to add i've had all 3 companies versions on different vans over the years ,Polar by far the best in my experience.

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
I have Hindermann on my Ducato.
No condensation issues. Front folds down to allow light in & to see out.
Smooth surfaced so easy to wipe clean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
we have a Autotriail Apache 700 on a Fiat Ducato . we've just started using a thermal curtain dropped down behind the front cab seats . This has reduced the heat loss considerably . The downside is we have masses of condensation in the cab , i mean soaking wet on the inside of windscreen and side windows. How effective/ practical are the external thermal covers please ?.
A big thumbs up for Polar Tech from me. Always had masses of condensation on front screens, not a drop with these fitted. Made to measure in 2 hours as they didn't have a template (new model A class). They are fantastic. Would not be without now 👍🏼👍🏼

IMG_2989.jpeg

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
One of the best cost effective items you can buy. Polar screens offer great service.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We inherited our screen cover but while its working well its falling apart around the edges.

IMG_0312.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back