Thermal screen covers for B Hymer (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
On our previous Hymer we had a Hinderman thermal screen cover which was excellent. It fastens to the body with heavy duty press studs. Now we have a newer Hymer, the Hinderman doesn't fit as the newer version are slightly different shape.

So what I'd like to know is, after looking at Polar screens, they attach to door and window, but won't this break the rubber seal around the door and window letting water in if it rains ? and also deform the seals ?

The other type is Taylor made which apparently uses a track bonded to the body, has anyone got these ? as I'm erring towards this type.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We have a Hymer (Conventional Mercedes Sprinter front end, fitted with internal Remis blinds)
We have a Polar Screen, which as you say has a couple of 'triangles' that fit over the top outside corner of each door.
(Triangles are bigger if you have internal Remis blinds)

It works.
It does not compress the rubber seal, as it's only material, not a hard plastic.
If the van is parked nose down, and there is heavy rain, and the drips happen to be coming off the roof over the door, then yes, it can leak.
But we also get a leak into the EHU locker, which is nothing to do with the cover.
Therefore I try to always park 'stern down' if rain is expected, and have all water on the roof exit over the back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back