There’s a mouse loose in the (MH) house! (74 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are travelling with the Nutrocker Pat s. For a week or so, they have been complaining about a scratching sound in the MH roof above their drop down bed over the cab. Less than a year old and only stored in their drive, we have stayed together apart from one night in Italy. That night they slept in the house of their friends whilst we went to a sosta nearby.
During the night, their alarm went off. Could be a mouse said their host!
Since then the scabbling rustling noise.
Well, I said, no, in the engine bay, yes, in the kitchen cupboards, yes, but in the roof? It must be birds on the roof (there were a lot around an apple tree on their pitch a few nights later), it must be your concertina blind on the overcab window (it had got windy and cold and they kept it closed)

But then, after Slovenia, Austria and southern Germany we arrived in mid Germany and were out with more friends for all day and “evidence” was found.
So next day a trap was purchased and lo and behold a little Italian mouse has had a very long journey and now lives in Bad Neustadt.
Thankfully no friends or relatives have been discovered but we are still not sure why it lived in the roof (a 2023 Pilote) - a few times it must have been very hot up there.
IMG_3544.jpeg

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
It looks more like a rat to me but I may be wrong, there are some species that live in attics in the UK so perhaps it's an Italian version of one of those.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Need to try and find the entry point now. They leave a smell that other mice follow. I caught 5 in my moho last time. Filled all visible holes under moho with a mix of fine wire mesh or wire wool stuffed in holes.
No damage to moho but ate all plastic including spoons, a deck chair arm , plastic bowls even a bottle of touch up paint. Poo and wee everywhere had to disenfect the whole moho.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Need to try and find the entry point now. They leave a smell that other mice follow. I caught 5 in my moho last time. Filled all visible holes under moho with a mix of fine wire mesh or wire wool stuffed in holes.
No damage to moho but ate all plastic including spoons, a deck chair arm , plastic bowls even a bottle of touch up paint. Poo and wee everywhere had to disenfect the whole moho.
Thats a job for when we are home and can get underneath. Last few places have all been very wet, very muddy and cold. Just waking up to 1° in Luxembourg.
Only worn a dress one day in whole 4 weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
These colder nights mean the mice will be looking for somewhere warm and dry!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It was definitely a mouse and a very tiny one at that.
I think.maybe the photo makes it look bigger.

I hope it had a passport and emergency money to get home :wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
The length and thickness of its tail would make me believe it’s a rat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun