The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (66 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Power steering fluid level check?
The reason I asked is that she had taken it to a mechanic who said it was to do with the motorhome side not the base vehicle.
I have searched on Google for a while and can't find this same symbol elsewhere. It does look like a steering system but there seems to be a standard symbol for this quite unlike the one on my friend's dash.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The reason I asked is that she had taken it to a mechanic who said it was to do with the motorhome side not the base vehicle.
I have searched on Google for a while and can't find this same symbol elsewhere. It does look like a steering system but there seems to be a standard symbol for this quite unlike the one on my friend's dash.
The mechanic is a muppet . It's nowt to do with the motorhome side. It clearly shows the steering wheel and rack and its a red ( warning) light .

Under the bonnet rhs next to radiator there's a black bottle . That's the power steering fluid reservoir. Quite big on the iveco. I'm guessing it's the sensor on that . Possibly low fluid

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The mechanic is a muppet . It's nowt to do with the motorhome side. It clearly shows the steering wheel and rack and its a red ( warning) light .

Under the bonnet rhs next to radiator there's a black bottle . That's the power steering fluid reservoir. Quite big on the iveco. I'm guessing it's the sensor on that . Possibly low fluid

About the only other thing it can be if the level is okay and the pump is working is the pressure but then the steering would be heavy I would have thought? 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Now I just need a Niesmann bischoff Teddy bear and baseball cap like WESTY66 and Lenny HB and I'm all set

Maybe a college jacket just to go the full hog.

But you do have that flea bitten scabby cat…..😆😎

IMG_0205.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Okay generator folks

Just incase I dinnae get a chance to look at this generator before I hot the road next weekend can someone remind me of the equivalent honda genny so I can order a cheap Chinese carburettor and an air filter and spark plug?
If I order them on ebay today I should get them before weekend

The honda gx160 seems to ring a bell was that the one?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
How have you been today Tam. It's a year today isn't it you lost your mum.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
You did say it was a GX160 , these engines are almost unbreakable
you probably know all this but I’ll say it anyway
It might have oil alert which stops it sparking if the oil is low
Clean the carb and try it once you know you have a spark I usually put a cap full of petrol down the plug hole , let it evaporate a bit & it would normally start , rev up a bit till petrol is burnt off , if it does that and won’t continue to run then it’s most likely going to be the carb

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You did say it was a GX160 , these engines are almost unbearable
you probably know all this but I’ll say it anyway
It might have oil alert which stops it sparking if the oil is low
Clean the carb and try it once you know you have a spark I usually put a cap full of petrol down the plug hole , let it evaporate a bit & it would normally start , rev up a bit till petrol is burnt off , if it does that and won’t continue to run then it’s most likely going to be the carb
It's a dometic tec 29 but I'm sure someone said it was the same as the Honda gx160.

I may not have time to look at it before I leave here next weekend then I won't have an address to have parts sent to. My carb etc may be serviceable but just incase if I order a spare now then I'll have one when I get a chance to look at it.

So really just after confirmation that's the right carb for this generator.

It'll run ...I'm sure of that but I've more important things I need to check this week first and only have 2 dry days this week

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Cheers . I've ordered most things I need for now which should all arrive before the weekend. But in case anything comes up that would be great thanks.
A lot more of those delivery lockers popping up now. Mostly amazon but do other companies like ebay use them too? Real handy for getting stuff delivered where ever you are.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
It's a dometic tec 29 but I'm sure someone said it was the same as the Honda gx160.

I may not have time to look at it before I leave here next weekend then I won't have an address to have parts sent to. My carb etc may be serviceable but just incase if I order a spare now then I'll have one when I get a chance to look at it.

So really just after confirmation that's the right carb for this generator.

It'll run ...I'm sure of that but I've more important things I need to check this week first and only have 2 dry days this week
Remember if you are very unlucky I have a gx160 here you can have
It’s out one of my generators I used for work , ( the generator side started playing up ) must also be 30 years plus old
It will do another 30 years plus
BUT I think there could be 2 different output shaft sizes on the gx160

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Remember if you are very unlucky I have a gx160 here you can have
It’s out one of my generators I used for work , ( the generator side started playing up ) must also be 30 years plus old
It will do another 30 years plus
BUT I think there could be 2 different output shaft sizes on the gx160
This one only has 96 hours on it and from the look of it inside I'm sure it will run OK. I think it's just gummed up but not Easy to access anything while it's in situ .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back