The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (66 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think they are meant to be installed via an isolation/on/off switch Tam, as they are in commercial vehicles, in order for the sounder not to be used in built up areas between 23.30hrs and 07.00hrs. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Ach I'll never be on the road at that time unless I've been moved on from somewhere. Then I dinnae care lol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So where's yours mounted bottom of screen or top ?
Here is mine wire to a 12v to USB buck converter wired to a ignition switched fuse in the fuse box.

IMG_20240905_173628281_copy_1638x921.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can buy a hardwire kit from amazonia or fleabay.

I'm going to mount mine soon but think bottom as I can get it in the wiper blade area easier, think Lenny HB did his at top.
Mines at the top and in the wiper area.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Here is mine wire to a 12v to USB buck converter wired to a ignition switched fuse in the fuse box.

View attachment 957336
Yes I used your idea for the 12v to usb converter and also in to fuse box on one of those tap in things you showed me.

Looks like top of windscreen is the best option

Only mine won't be in wiper area as it would have to be in the middle of the screen for that and I've no way of attaching this one there .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam probably not the best place for this but....
My friend has recently bought a 1998 mobilvetta on an iveco. This light on the dash is coming on intermittently. View attachment 957476any idea what it is?
I'd say that was a power steering fault. Possibly a low fluid warning.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam if your driving in warmer countries with the sun on the screen you will put your blind down,then the camera woould be the wrong side of the ( sun shield) blind?by the way the back looks amazing.we’re did the reversing lights come from?
That's a good point. It does have electric sun blinds too but there's a gap In the middle

Ach this camera is giving me more grief than its worth lol. I should have bought a cheap nameless Chinese one that had a suck on bracket

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam if your driving in warmer countries with the sun on the screen you will put your blind down,then the camera woould be the wrong side of the ( sun shield) blind?by the way the back looks amazing.we’re did the reversing lights come from?
Reversing lights were on ebay .. bright leds, I had them on a few previous vans too. Angled at 45° they lights up a good area behind. Sometimes handy for protecting the bumpers lol

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Brian, fortunately mine stays between the screen and the blind👍
IMG_7312.png

That's a good point. It does have electric sun blinds too but there's a gap In the middle

Ach this camera is giving me more grief than its worth lol. I should have bought a cheap nameless Chinese one that had a suck on bracket
Or you could get a new one from a reputable manufacturer that just fits right and has worked flawlessly for 3 years now, I’ve never touched it! It comes on with ignition and goes off when I turn it off👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Now I just need a Niesmann bischoff Teddy bear and baseball cap like WESTY66 and Lenny HB and I'm all set

Maybe a college jacket just to go the full hog.
Whoa don’t diss the bear in front of Mrs Westy!! It’s her pride and joy👍🤣🤣
The minion is very sentimental to me!👍

You forgot the pennants, t shirts, coasters etc! Maybe you should have just got a Carthago🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Whoa don’t diss the bear in front of Mrs Westy!! It’s her pride and joy👍🤣🤣
The minion is very sentimental to me!👍

You forgot the pennants, t shirts, coasters etc! Maybe you should have just got a Carthago🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nah , common as muck those carthagos, they let any riff raff have one.

Mine has a double barrel name it has to be posh

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
That's what my money is on .. big black pot under bonnet rhs as you face it.
Morning Tam, sorry I haven’t been following your thread for a good while, house move and a big shed have taken up loads of time. I understand now why Scotland is quieter and more peaceful than West Yorkshire, trying to get any tradesmen to come and do anything to the house ! I could understand it if we were in Italy or Spain. Still new Double glazing and doors being fitted Monday and Wood burner the following week. We might be able to get away in our little palace soon, safe travels 👍🏻👍🏻

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Bloody awful stuff. Everytime I've been handed a glass its went in a plant pot or handed to the first unruly child lol
My Gran, God bless her,used to say
"Champagne pftt, nowt but glorified cider"
🤣

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm not keen on white wine either.

Love red wine that's my usual tipple , or cider , beer . Don't touch spirits these days.
We have the very same preferences when it comes to alcohol then, as I find white wine quite acidic, (other than some German whites), I prefer reds, and beer, and I hardly touch spirits. ;)

Cheers. :drink:

Jock. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back