The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (131 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam

I think your circulation pump will be a little tiny one on the top of the expansion tanks in the wardrobe, they don't last forever but a lazy one can be started by taking it out of the tank and spinning the impeller and then back into the tanks, you are right though the whole system is very quiet, what you might be hearing under the floor is the Alde exhaust fan when it's running on gas.

I will add that there is a 3 way valve to turn the bedroom and garage circuits off.
Yes I found that valve Martin it's on the radiator at the foot of the bed

And yes I think it was the exhaust I was hearing as it was louder in the bathroom too and the exhaust escape is on the wall behind bathroom cabinet

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You can add pink to blue but not vice versa Tam, i’d advise you as well when replacing the fluid to let Alde do it.

Reasons being the full system gets a service/overall, pressure tested and anything you don’t know, they do, and it will be thoroughly explained to you.

Admitted I take onboard what you’ve said previously regarding being in hotter climates.

They did mine in July and it’s sorted now until 2019 so peace of mind
Dare I ask how much that service is Al ?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Dare I ask how much that service is Al ?

You dare mate lol

I paid £290 for a full fluid change, bearing in mind my system holds 8-9 ltrs I think that’s bloody good value. They told me things about my system I didn’t even know as well as FW updating the Alde panel

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You dare mate lol

I paid £290 for a full fluid change, bearing in mind my system holds 8-9 ltrs I think that’s bloody good value. They told me things about my system I didn’t even know as well as FW updating the Alde panel
That's better than I expected. I may well have that service done on my return to UK next spring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know unrelated but serves as a timely reminder to check your smoke & monoxide alarms are still in date (5-10 years)...
Just mentioned it because you're talking about stuff not being touched for 12 years
There's none in this at present Stephen, I have a carbon monoxide alarm in amongst my stuff in garrys shed I've yet to sort through but I need to buy new smoke alarm

I want a posh one like uncle Lenny HB

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
That's better than I expected. I may well have that service done on my return to UK next spring.

You get the satisfaction that it’s been done by someone who actually knows what they’re doing Tam

Alde actually diagnosed my leaking boiler over a video call whilst in Spain last year, they changed it for a new 3030 boiler this year

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I flushed out and changed our fluid myself, using the right amount purple G13 from Euro Car Parts, mixed with the correct ration of distilled water to give the system a minus 15 - 20 degrees protection, using a coolant hydrometer. (y)

I always carry a spare bottle of G13 concentrate.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I flushed out and changed our fluid myself, using the right amount purple G13 from Euro Car Parts, mixed with the correct ration of distilled water to give the system a minus 15 - 20 degrees protection, using a coolant hydrometer. (y)

I always carry a spare bottle of G13 concentrate.

Cheers,

Just like any anti freeze mix, it is the distilled water that is important ingredient because it has little or no oxygen and it is the reaction to oxygen that causes rust in systems.

Good Ready mixed antifreeze uses distilled water but it is available in 25ltr containers at most motor factors.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Watched Grand Designs this week. Property on Flamborough Head. I do miss the wild weather up there ( :unsure: )
It's feckin wild here in Cornwall.... vans a rocking

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Just like any anti freeze mix, it is the distilled water that is important ingredient because it has little or no oxygen and it is the reaction to oxygen that causes rust in systems.

Good Ready mixed antifreeze uses distilled water but it is available in 25ltr containers at most motor factors.
Dont you mean ions?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
You are corret Owen, however, to by it pre-mixed in the quantities I needed, was quite a bit dearer than buying the fluids separately. (y)

Cheers,

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
This has every chance of having been in there a good 12 years or more. But its unlikely to freeze in my ownership as I'm out of the coldest weather usually. I'll have it changed later but for now I don't want to tempt fate tampering with it as I don't know what I'm doing.
It’s about the product protecting the boiler also don’t forget. If your boiler goes kaput because of the fluid breaking down your in for a big bill. You will also be using it for hot water.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Eh?
H2o
If it had nae oxygen lol you'd be putting hydrogen in yer alde tank

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
if its water its got oxygen in it. Distillation removed the impurities (ions/salts etc) which cause the chemical reactions.
Interesting, your right of course, if there's water, it's H2O and I knew that it removed many of the impurities and left a very pure liquid but if one removes the ions (is that both Cation & Anions) how does reaction take place if one removes the atoms?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Carry the cheapest Tam, just in case, and until you're sure it's staying in the system :unsure:
... or keeping the MH ... :imoutahere:

... joking Tam, honest! :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back