The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (62 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Tam / Lenny is this what you were thinking of for the heat exchanger?
IMG_0204.png

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Tell you what Tam

that’s looks bloody lovely, it’s a classy looking motorhome mate and I hope it serves you well for many years to come.

Tell Gary i’m looking for a similar one and driving straight down to Cornwall so shuftie over a bit. 😉🤣
Can I go on the reserve list after you, I'm beginning to need someone younger and fitter!

Gary might be able to claim carers fee's for helping me? 😄

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
It’s ok until you open or close the valve after a prolonged time in one position, I agree with you manual is just fine but only if you can find a good quality version
Well the one that's on it hasn't been changed every year .
after

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock, we're you able to get the glass units(s) locally or we're they bought from overseas? Thank you. K
Hi there. As previously answered to A.N. Other enquirer, a friend of a friend sourced the glass for me, though you can get your existing double glazed units repaired, or made up as new here in the UK. HTH. :)

Well the one that's on it hasn't been changed every year .
And as far as I know, ours is still the original.
I checked ours out today Tam, having forgotten to turn it off for the summer. :doh: It closed and opened again but with a little stiffness, but a wee spray on the base of the shaft with silicone, definitely made it easier. (y)

BTW, did you get my PM re your battery box?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi there. As previously answered to A.N. Other enquirer, a friend of a friend sourced the glass for me, though you can get your existing double glazed units repaired, or made up as new here in the UK. HTH. :)

And as far as I know, ours is still the original.
I checked ours out today Tam, having forgotten to turn it off for the summer. :doh: It closed and opened again but with a little stiffness, but a wee spray on the base of the shaft with silicone, definitely made it easier. (y)

BTW, did you get my PM re your battery box?

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Hang on I'll check

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jees well after 45 minutes it's feckin melting In here . I've had to turn it off as feeling sick. So no leaks as far as I can see and it gets lovely and toasty.

I'm impressed how quiet it is , you can't hear the pump at all unless you lift the hatch where the boiler is. Not as hot in the rear of the van as it gets in the front . Maybe needs bled .

Gets warm everywhere though even in the garage . My tool cupboard gets very warm . Dogs are gonna love that in the colder weather as floor gets warm too.

So I want to carry a spare bottle of alde fluid just in case . Looking on ebay there's two types g12 and g13

Is there any difference and do I need a particular one?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Jees well after 45 minutes it's feckin melting In here . I've had to turn it off as feeling sick. So no leaks as far as I can see and it gets lovely and toasty.

I'm impressed how quiet it is , you can't hear the pump at all unless you lift the hatch where the boiler is. Not as hot in the rear of the van as it gets in the front . Maybe needs bled .

Gets warm everywhere though even in the garage . My tool cupboard gets very warm . Dogs are gonna love that in the colder weather as floor gets warm too.

So I want to carry a spare bottle of alde fluid just in case . Looking on ebay there's two types g12 and g13

I have G13 in mine which is the premium stuff that lasts 5 years.

I imagine G12 is the short life stuff.

Important to see what colour your fluid is.

If it’s blue it’s short life of 2 years.

If pink it’s long life for 5 years.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have G13 in mine which is the premium stuff that lasts 5 years.

I imagine G12 is the short life stuff.

Important to see what colour your fluid is.

If it’s blue it’s short life of 2 years.

If pink it’s long life for 5 years.
I think mine is blue .

I read on the listing for the g13 that it can be added to either colour.

I don't need any at the minute as it's got the right amount in but best to carry a spare one.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
I would get it changed to pink (lasts five years) Tam unless you know how long it’s been in there. You should find bleed nipples all over the van if you look for them. Alde heating is great. 👍

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
I think mine is blue .

I read on the listing for the g13 that it can be added to either colour.

I don't need any at the minute as it's got the right amount in but best to carry a spare one.
Unless water has been added the the antifreeze should be ok the main reason they advise to change is the inhibitor that stops implosion in the heater, I used to use a tester when I had a caravan and the inhibitor was ok even after 7y🤔

Tester Corrosion Inhibitor Precise Measurement Tool Dial Type Antifreeze

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Carry the cheapest Tam, just in case, and until you're sure it's staying in the system :unsure:
Both the same price on ebay £15 a bottle.

Think I'll get the g13 one as it says can be added to both.
I would get it changed to pink (lasts five years) Tam unless you know how long it’s been in there. You should find bleed nipples all over the van if you look for them. Alde heating is great. 👍
Yes I can see the bleed valves everywhere .

It's probably not been changed in a long time and not used in a long time either. As I am very rarely in serious low climates I'm going to leave well alone there for now but will put a fluid change on my list for being done later . I'll carry a spare just incase when I am using it a lot I discover or develop any leaks .

I'm keen to experience it being worked off the engine when travelling this year as I've not had that before.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Unless water has been added the the antifreeze should be ok the main reason they advise to change is the inhibitor that stops implosion in the heater, I used to use a tester when I had a caravan and the inhibitor was ok even after 7y🤔

Tester Corrosion Inhibitor Precise Measurement Tool Dial Type Antifreeze
This has every chance of having been in there a good 12 years or more. But its unlikely to freeze in my ownership as I'm out of the coldest weather usually. I'll have it changed later but for now I don't want to tempt fate tampering with it as I don't know what I'm doing.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Hi Tam

I think your circulation pump will be a little tiny one on the top of the expansion tanks in the wardrobe, they don't last forever but a lazy one can be started by taking it out of the tank and spinning the impeller and then back into the tanks, you are right though the whole system is very quiet, what you might be hearing under the floor is the Alde exhaust fan when it's running on gas.

I will add that there is a 3 way valve to turn the bedroom and garage circuits off.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
You can add pink to blue but not vice versa Tam, i’d advise you as well when replacing the fluid to let Alde do it.

Reasons being the full system gets a service/overall, pressure tested and anything you don’t know, they do, and it will be thoroughly explained to you.

Admitted I take onboard what you’ve said previously regarding being in hotter climates.

They did mine in July and it’s sorted now until 2019 so peace of mind

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back