The Most Useful Motorhome Accessory You Need to Have (2 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
Like most of us I have purchased many bits and pieces over the years for our motorhome. Some of these have proven more useful than others.
I think that one of my very best additions has been cab side window wind deflectors.
I bought them originally just so that we could crank the side windows down when driving so that we could let some fresh air in and not get blown to bits.
They have however gone on to be far more useful.
When parked up overnight we crank the windows down to just level with the bottom of the deflector thereby allowing air to flow through and preventing condensation from forming, but also providing the necessary level of security. ( No we wouldn't do this if we felt the location wasn't safe )
We do also carry SilverScreens for extremes of weather and lengthy stops, but the wind deflectors have proved to be a great addition.

tempImagevIREv7.png

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Like most of us I have purchased many bits and pieces over the years for our motorhome. Some of these have proven more useful than others.
I think that one of my very best additions has been cab side window wind deflectors.
I bought them originally just so that we could crank the side windows down when driving so that we could let some fresh air in and not get blown to bits.
When parked up overnight we crank the windows down to just level with the bottom of the deflector thereby allowing air to flow through and preventing condensation from forming, but also providing the necessary level of security. ( No we wouldn't do this if we felt the location wasn't safe )
We do also carry SilverScreens for extremes of weather and lengthy stops, but the wind deflectors have proved to be a great addition.

View attachment 822440
I left the front windows down slightly once and the wind rustled the blinds making a noise all night šŸ˜

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp

View attachment 822440
They look great, can I ask were they easy to fit?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I was looking at these yesterday funnily enoughā€¦ but Iā€™m concerned spiders will hide up in the top and when a window is opened bangā€¦. Iā€™ve crashedā€¦šŸ˜±

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

View attachment 822440
A word of warning, I had to remove my deflectors from my VW as they were stopping the window channels (especially the lower scrapper) from making a seal and allowing rain water to run down inside the door.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Our van had these fitted when we bought it, they do work well, driving with the windows open is pretty much draught free.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

View attachment 822440
My best accessory is Mrs DBK. :)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp

View attachment 822440
Any link?

Aug 25, 2022
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer car
Exp
25 years
We also have wind deflectors but they stick on the door frame really aerodynamic made by STX no problem with the channel and they have stuck for 5 years.
Chasnam

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We also have wind deflectors but they stick on the door frame really aerodynamic made by STX no problem with the channel and they have stuck for 5 years.
Chasnam
That sounds like a better idea, mine wedged into the channels where the windows slid.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
That sounds like a better idea, mine wedged into the channels where the windows slid.
These have now been removed from VW as, over winter, it caused the lower outside seal not to fit correctly and allowed more rain to run down on the inside of the door.
Thank goodness VW allows for this and it drains onto the entry step and, eventually, outside.

I'm happy that I always make sure these holes at the bottom of my doors are kept unblocked. šŸ‘

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
We got the above wind deflectors fitted, which are worth having
But by far best bit of kit we added was Cruise Control.....
That reminds me, not on our current vehicle which had it as standard but easily the best thing I ever bought (apart from wife's wedding ring) was power steering conversion for our 1991 Ducato.
Transformational and who knew such a thing was possible?!?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
GR73tLX:fzBDbY!
Exp
Burstner I'm new

View attachment 822440
Ours were fitted when the MH was purchased. We sometimes do this also when parked up. Really like them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back