The great British weather (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
honda1515
Hi all just sat in motorhome on the shores of coniston rain is lashing down looks like it is in for the week just thinking of packing up as I think the summers done lol anyone else in same position

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Hi all just sat in motorhome on the shores of coniston rain is lashing down looks like it is in for the week just thinking of packing up as I think the summers done lol anyone else in same position
Just a few miles to your East in Durham and we have enjoyed 4 days of great weather and today is starting well. ☀️

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
B51E523F-E06D-4601-B75A-7B2B5E6B07C6.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are in a very similar position, geographically anyway as we are on Park Coppice Club site, yes it does look fairly settled for today but tomorrow could be better, we have to move tomorrow anyway so decisions decisions :unsure: are you on the Coniston Castle site ?

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
You can get very accurate weather forecasts for the whole country, you know. The week ahead is forecast to be East Anglia and Southwards as being the sunniest. (The old Bristol-to-the-Wash-line if you like) Whilst the North is a lot wetter.
Don't go home, just change direction.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Just had a week at Cragg Vale , weather excellent, only rained at night . Perfect .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
Just a few miles to your East in Durham and we have enjoyed 4 days of great weather and today is starting well. ☀️
The Pennies has a significant impact on the weather in the North. With a westerly airflow it's normal to be wet and cooler in the west, dropping most of the rain to the west of the Pennines. Then the airmass becomes warmer and dryer as the air flows across eastern Yorkshire and County Durham. When the wind is from the east it all behaves the other way around.
BTW - we wouldn't have lakes in Cumbria without all of that rain 😜.......

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hi all just sat in motorhome on the shores of coniston rain is lashing down looks like it is in for the week
Had the same for several years on the trot when tenting with my kids in Cornwall. The locals will insist upon telling you it's been glorious for the previous couple of weeks.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
The weather is why many go abroad. If it rains where you are you move to somewhere sunny. If you are too hot find somewhere cooler, in the mountains was our choice. No problem with deposits, booking and joining "clubs".

OP
OP
tony1515
Nov 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
honda1515
The Pennies has a significant impact on the weather in the North. With a westerly airflow it's normal to be wet and cooler in the west, dropping most of the rain to the west of the Pennines. Then the airmass becomes warmer and dryer as the air flows across eastern Yorkshire and County Durham. When the wind is from the east it all behaves the other way around.
BTW - we wouldn't have lakes in Cumbria without all of that rain 😜.......
Yes i have being many years ago and forgot I have fans with me but no wellies lol

OP
OP
tony1515
Nov 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
honda1515
We are in a very similar position, geographically anyway as we are on Park Coppice Club site, yes it does look fairly settled for today but tomorrow could be better, we have to move tomorrow anyway so decisions decisions :unsure: are you on the Coniston Castle site ?
Hi no we are on a private site pier cottage lovey pitch next to lake got paddle board ready we have walked over to the blue bird cafe lovely area watching weather looks Better tomorrow

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We were here for a wedding at the Coniston Coppermines, 200 guests for an outdoors ceremony on Saturday :unsure: how optimistic was that? well we/they got lucky and it stayed dry all day even yesterday (Sunday) for a few keen walkers to go up the "Old Man" it started to rain just as everything was finished yesterday around 4pm.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Its fine in Lancs at the moment a bit cloudy if you want a move try Bridge House Marina in Garstang right by the canal about 45 mins south of where you are

OP
OP
tony1515
Nov 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
honda1515
The weather is why many go abroad. If it rains where you are you move to somewhere sunny. If you are too hot find somewhere cooler, in the mountains was our choice. No problem with deposits, booking and joining "clubs".
Yes I booked and paid in January assumed first week in august would be bikes paddle boards bbq lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back