The Best Engineering Report AA RAC Magic for my new purchase of a Bentley Cobalt van today please. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Could anyone give me the best choice for the report, of a new van I have just put a deposit on, before I pay over my lifesaving please,

much appreciated
caroline

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
im sorry i dont understand the question. Are you asking if its a good van ? because as you have already put a deposit on it isnt that somewhat acedemic ?
Also the AA/RAC do not concern themselves with the components of a motorhome, they simply look at the mechanical fitness of the engine and drivetrain.
Perhaps you could rephrase your question ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
AA and RAC reports are not worth the paper etc. Have seen them done in 20 minutes, which is nowhere near long enough to diagnose anything other than engine codes and cosmetic appearance

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
If you are looking at second hand vans and want a fitness report, damp and bodywork are more expensive than engines to repair. If you want opinions, personal experiences on here may not represent a fair crossection of good or bad. If the van layout is what you want, that is personal to you. There are problem makes of van historically and worth a search here to eliminate them.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Wasn’t Bentley the pheonix group after Autocruise sadly went belly up. That would be around 2007 ish erra?
Maybe worth a link to what you have put a deposit into

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Post pictures of the van or the description and link to the dealers, or whoever is selling, so we can actually see it. Might be worth asking them if you can visit the van, take lots of photos, open the fridge (I know someone who spent £44k on a van with a broken fridge, cracked shower tray, hole in the roof and a poor repair, bent stabilisers and filthy dirty inside and from a main dealer, which all could have been avoided if only they had asked for help), open the oven and grill if fitted, the shower tray, inside the cupboards, a closeup of each tyre so we can read the dates on them, do everything. Pop the bonnet and let’s see the engine bay too.

Or take an extended video, I mean really in depth, post it on YouTube and then a link on here so we can see it.

It’s the only way the collective clan of Funsters can really give you any solid advice or pass comment on it, less than seeing it in the metal 👍🏻

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where are you , if you ask on here I'm sure someone will have a look at it for you but as you said in your other thread, you have already took two blokes to have a look at it so I don't really know what else you could be looking for.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back