That bbq connector thing! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 23, 2022
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
As of today, 23/8/22 minus a few weeks! ( deposit paid, awaiting collection)
Good Morning

Having just renewed my subscription I thought id use the available knowledge to get some information.
On our Motorhome there is an external gas point, which up to now has never been used.
I understand I need to get a “bit” to join it to the actual bbq hose connection but not sure what the “bit” is called.
Can anyone help?
I think it’s a push on/ quick release thing?
Pics of the two parts to be connected and a suggested solution if it can be confirmed!

IMG_1513.jpeg

IMG_1524.png
IMG_1519.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Maybe I'm being thick but isn't the pipe your holding up the part that screws into the BBQ? What's the other end like?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
2nd picture top item is the part you need.
The hose pushes onto the barbed stub, the othwr end pushes into the red tap.
As above, you are holding the bbq end of the hose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Do you want the option of using the camping gas bottle and the moho connection at different times?

If so you’ll need to make up another length of hose (1.5m is advised but I’m running 3m with no adverse effects) with the male connnector at the top of your picture to connect to the van and a corresponding female to the other end. Then cut into your existing hose somewhere near the bbq connection and fit another male to the piece running to the bbq and a female to the end from the bottle top regulator. Then you can mix n match between the two and leave the hose connected to the bbq.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whats the pic of the campinggaz bottle for.
To show the end that would be attached to the BBQ point on the MH sans regulator.

He was showing his wrong 'end' originally! 😄

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Aug 23, 2022
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
As of today, 23/8/22 minus a few weeks! ( deposit paid, awaiting collection)
Hi
Regarding use, I’m still unsure but I think I would like to retain the option of using the bbq a bit away from the Motorhome rather than restricting use to hose length. Question really is to provide an alternative and a back up if gas bottle dies half way through cooking.
The push in bit seems the solution, thanks for your assistance!

Phil in Northampton

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back