Ten Haaft Oyster V problems

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo i744
My system has an intermittent issue whereby randomly it will state on the little display "Waiting For Antenna" and one of the two TV loses it reception, also as a consequence the dish becomes irresponsive and will not respond to any inputs and also more seriously I am unable to retract the dish. I have tried unplugging the control unit, disconnecting and reconnecting all cable including the cables feed to the dish and the TV's without any success. Any thoughts, help or suggestions greatly received.
256-256-crop.jpg

256-256-crop.jpg

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning TsiSp0rt

Waiting for antenna is a warning that the indoor feature box is unable to communicate with the circuit board inside the roof unit. This could be a problem with either of the aforementioned circuit board units or possible a loose connection on the main cable connector at either end.
Unfortunately it's difficult to diagnose fully without seeing the system but as it's intermittent the first thing I would check is the cable connector on the roof unit to make sure it's tight but if that makes no difference then you would need to have an engineer check the system over. You are more than welcome to book in with ourselves by calling 01858575928 or alternatively it might be worth speaking to the dealer that fitted the system.

Hope that helps.

And thank you elamessa for the tag.

OP
OP
T
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo i744
Good morning TsiSp0rt

Waiting for antenna is a warning that the indoor feature box is unable to communicate with the circuit board inside the roof unit. This could be a problem with either of the aforementioned circuit board units or possible a loose connection on the main cable connector at either end.
Unfortunately it's difficult to diagnose fully without seeing the system but as it's intermittent the first thing I would check is the cable connector on the roof unit to make sure it's tight but if that makes no difference then you would need to have an engineer check the system over. You are more than welcome to book in with ourselves by calling 01858575928 or alternatively it might be worth speaking to the dealer that fitted the system.

Hope that helps.

And thank you elamessa for the tag.
Thank you for the response Anthony and to Elamessa for making the tag.

The MH is new to us so I am unsure who did the initial fitting as we do not have the previous owners contact details.

We receive a signal from the secondary LNB connection to the other TV even when the error is displayed but, I noticed from the wiring the this is a direct feed and
does not connect through the feature box or the roof mounted circuitry

We had a similar response from Ten Haaft. I have checked the feature box is outputting a voltage ( 7 Volts ) even when the error is displayed so I am thinking it might be
at the roof circuit board as all connections have been checked, having stated that I am aware it is just not as simple as a voltage as data is sent and received between the two units.

I will confirm with my sister and arrange to have the MH booked in with yourselves.

Very much appreciated
Regards Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back