tempremental 240 V water heater Truma 8 years old. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1974
I am having trouble with the water heat side of my truma on mains. Sometimes it works and then after a while it shuts down and when it has "had a rest" it decides to work. Looking at a replacement element on line i see they have a thermostat in circuit with the element all in one. I am wondering if that is getting so it switches off the element at temperature selected and is then lazy in resetting. I feel sure there has been a thread on here re de scaling the system and wonder if first point of contact would be to do this. Any suggestions welcome. I am quite capable of removing the stat and descaling to see if it improves things.

Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
I am having trouble with the water heat side of my truma on mains. Sometimes it works and then after a while it shuts down and when it has "had a rest" it decides to work. Looking at a replacement element on line i see they have a thermostat in circuit with the element all in one. I am wondering if that is getting so it switches off the element at temperature selected and is then lazy in resetting. I feel sure there has been a thread on here re de scaling the system and wonder if first point of contact would be to do this. Any suggestions welcome. I am quite capable of removing the stat and descaling to see if it improves things.
It's usually a sign of low gas pressure or 12v leisure battery running low. If you have a second gas bottle, try switching to that.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
When you say reset it. What do you do?

The heater tends to heat water very very hot. It should be 60 degrees according to the dial, but itā€™s hotter than that. The water temp then needs to drop quite considerably before the element kicks in again to reheat.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back