temp sender

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Does anyone know the location of the temp probe for reading external temperature on a 2017 ducato please.
mine works but reads too high, yesterday on a run home on the a1 it was reading 46c!, i think it may have come adrift but i cannot find it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Not saying my issue was the same as yours but on our Peugeot Boxer based van (where the temp gauge is on the driver’s side mirror) we had a period where we got very high readings and the temp would go up and up and then start at the bottom again.
Found that disconnecting the cab battery for 5 minutes and then re-connecting solved it and it now gives the correct readings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I haven't tried that, when you get in the van, it seems to read about right, but as you say it just climbs slowly over time on a journey, doesn't seem to fall again though, i will give it a try.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Interested, as the last few trips ours has been reading minus 18 or so. That seems like an absolute pita especially as you have to get the mirror off the door as well. I would be minded to take a small hole saw and cut the old one out, salvage the black 'pimple', splice the wire back in and araldite/ epoxy filler back together. Anyone done anything similar??

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Its easy to unplug sensor inside door trim then you just get three dashes on the display
You can get to connector by removing the radio speaker
Preferred that to nonsense reading
I was going to replace ours but it would just attract someone to clip the mirror once I had done it
:groan:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Are you sure it's not reading a Fahrenheit scale.
46f is a tad under 8c.
Just a thought.
Sadly no, the air temp on or near the mirror is 19.5 about 5 minutes ago
you can see how far out it is
unnamed.jpg

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I’m not sure why you wouldn’t try disconnecting and then re-connecting the battery and seeing if that works for you, rather then some of the more complex suggestions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I’m not sure why you wouldn’t try disconnecting the battery and seeing if that works for you, rather then some of the more complex suggestions.
I will try before pulling it to bits, but if the thermocouple is duff then that won't fix it
forgot to say my van has an immobiliser on it, an aftermarket one, it was with the van when i bought it, so i am a little windy about disconnecting the battery just in case it doesn't start when reconnected, i don't think that will be the case but seeing as i don't know the make or model of the immobiliser i could end up stuck, i really ought to find the make at least , but i would have to dismantle the dash looking for a box with the name of the immobiliser on it to stand a chance.
It's quite sophisticated i think as well, prob best not say too much on an open forum!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I’m not sure why you wouldn’t try disconnecting and then re-connecting the battery and seeing if that works for you, rather then some of the more complex suggestions.

Because that is one of the methods of resetting the BSI (Body System Interface) ECU which the temperature sensor is controlled by.

Upvote 0

Head scratcher

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2016
Sadly no, the air temp on or near the mirror is 19.5 about 5 minutes ago
you can see how far out it is
View attachment 502292
I have the very same problem with my temp reading which causes the dreaded DPF to try to regen then goes into limp mode 😩
I just want to change the sensor itself but not whether to look at dodgy aftermarket ones or plump for Peugeot genuine one for £65

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back