Swytch electric bike upgrade 👍🏼 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
We have considered electric bikes for some time and see them discussed often on the forum.
Not yet found an electric bike at sensible money and that could fit my dearly beloved as she is only 4'9" and uncomfortable on every electric bike we have tried.

I finally plumped for Swytch kits - one 27" wheel for me and a 24" wheel for Karon.

15 minutes to fit and tested today on a 16 mile country road route . Feedback - excellent system and we get to keep using our favourite Trek bikes. I am 17 stone and Karon less than half that and no surprise first use of battery I used 3.5 bars of 5 and Karon only 2 bars of 5 as shown on the battery used intermittently over 16 miles.

If you are not familiar the kit is a new front wheel with motor in hub, a battery, pedal sensor, choice of throttles (we have thumb throttles), battery mount and optional brake sensors we didn't bother with.
We also opted for long range battery.

Screenshot_20240914-165532.png

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Fitted a couple of Swytch kits on our folding bikes 3 years ago. Ok for running short flat distances. Wouldn't use them again though

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
We have considered electric bikes for some time and see them discussed often on the forum.
Not yet found an electric bike at sensible money and that could fit my dearly beloved as she is only 4'9" and uncomfortable on every electric bike we have tried.

I finally plumped for Swytch kits - one 27" wheel for me and a 24" wheel for Karon.

15 minutes to fit and tested today on a 16 mile country road route . Feedback - excellent system and we get to keep using our favourite Trek bikes. I am 17 stone and Karon less than half that and no surprise first use of battery I used 3.5 bars of 5 and Karon only 2 bars of 5 as shown on the battery used intermittently over 16 miles.

If you are not familiar the kit is a new front wheel with motor in hub, a battery, pedal sensor, choice of throttles (we have thumb throttles), battery mount and optional brake sensors we didn't bother with.
We also opted for long range battery.

View attachment 949555

We fitted similar Chinese kits (Yose Power) which work well. I would recommend fitting the brake switches which cut the power instantly. We found just stopping pedalling led to the power continuing for a couple of seconds with the attendant risk.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Fitted Swytch to our Bromptons, excellent. Added thumb throttles, not strictly legal but very useful for a quick start if crossing a road. Can go for an hour ride and only drops 1 out of 5 battery indicators.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back