Swytch eBike Conversion (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
About six months ago I ordered a Swytch ebike conversion kit which finally arrived today. I had elected for the longest delivery date as it reduced the price considerably. The kit was £275 which includes a new front wheel with the motor in the hub, battery, charger and wiring loom.

This is the second Swytch kit I’ve built. The previous one was for Mrs ABGS and I was so impressed with it I ordered another to convert my basic specification GoOutdoors ‘mountain’ bike.

I have a high spec full suspension Specialized eMTB Bike but I’m not happy to leave it parked anywhere out of my sight. So I figured a budget ebike wouldn’t be such a financial hit if it went missing.

The build is very straight forward, it’s just a case of swapping the tyre and brake disc onto the new wheel, fitting a pedal sensor, zip-tying the wiring harness to the frame and Velcro strapping the battery in place.

A quick ride up the steepest hill I could find shows that it’s not as powerful as my other bike but for pottering around it will be ideal.

The bike cost £325 a couple of years ago so all in for £600. I know it’s possible to buy a budget eBike for that sort of money but the quality of the brakes, gears and other components is generally pretty poor at that price point.

swytch 1.JPG
swytch 2.JPG
swytch 3.JPG
swytch 4.JPG
swytch 5.JPG
swytch 6.JPG

Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
We both have converted Swytch bikes. One other advantage is they are lighter than most electric bikes (below £1K) so a pair of them on a tow ball mounted rack is within the loading allowance. Very easy conversion too.

OP
OP
Abgs
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I reckon this one is around 17kg v 25kg for my proper 'big' ebike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back