Switching to Gel - Electroblock (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
Question
Is there a procedure when switching from lead acid to the gel setting on an Electroblock.
Can and should I just flick the switch or would that do damage, should I be doing anything first like disconnecting?

OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
Question
Is there a procedure when switching from lead acid to the gel setting on an Electroblock.
Can and should I just flick the switch or would that do damage, should I be doing anything first like disconnecting?
Forget to mention it’s a Electroblock 220-2 Schaudt

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Did mine, exact same ebl, last week. It was not plugged into EHU and I just flicked the switch. Used charger for one day this week with lithiums and all seemed ok.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
When I did my change over (EBL29) I moved the switch to Gel before I connected them and had the solar panels covered. I’d also disconnected the negative from the starter battery. No idea if that was necessary but all went well.
I’ve been told my batteries which are 12V 110AH Expedition Plus Lead Carbon Gel Ultra Deep Cycle Battery (EXP12-110C)
Can be on either setting lead-gel or lead-acid but after reading some other Motorhome fun posts I’m now confused and to top it there installed with the setting of lead-acid quite frankly I bloody forgot all about its been a few days now and I just remembered I know I’m a £&%% but I like to have everything set correctly. Could I just power off at the control panel and just set the switch to lead-gel setting or is that wrong.
Any help is very much appreciated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
Question

image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
I think I’d just flip the switch to Gel. The only reason I did what I described above is because I was installing the solar, controller and batteries all at the same time.

Result 👍
After reading the manual and other related papers, I can confirm it’s ok to change the switch to Lead-Gel providing the mains is unplugged and it’s off at the DT-LT Control Panel. Then restart by turning on the panel again.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
It's just a change of charging profile. Switching it while on/connected shouldn't make any difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back