swift voyager water ingress on new motorhome (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I would reject the van immediately ,in writing,to your dealer .
Send an e mail after phoning to advise you are rejecting the van and a follow up registered letter.
Where is the water coming in, if its because of an open window or similar then you don't have much chance but through the seals or joints then it's rejectable.
They will offer to repair etc, but its up to you if you can accept that.
Bevprepared for a lengthy battle
There are some threads on here re rejecting vans. Best to search .

OP
OP
C

COLRUSS

Free Member
Aug 30, 2023
Hornsea Beach, Hornsea, UK
Funster No
MH
swift voyager 584
Exp
hi thank for your reply the water coming in from the roof and side wall joint ,have rejected the van within the 30 days by e mail and by post with no responses from dealer they have returned it back to the factory as i can track it with my ford pass the dealer tried to spin it out pass the 30days but i returned it on the 28day

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
They will offer it back to you as repaired etc. You have been without the use of the van for a lengthy period as the repairs will not be speedy.
You will then have to determine whether you accept it back or not. If you paid part with a credit card you have some back up.
If you have legal cover on your insurance ,either van or house I would speak to them for advise.re the legal routes available to you.

OP
OP
C

COLRUSS

Free Member
Aug 30, 2023
Hornsea Beach, Hornsea, UK
Funster No
MH
swift voyager 584
Exp
They will offer it back to you as repaired etc. You have been without the use of the van for a lengthy period as the repairs will not be speedy.
You will then have to determine whether you accept it back or not. If you paid part with a credit card you have some back up.
If you have legal cover on your insurance ,either van or house I would speak to them for advise.re the legal routes available to you.
hi thanks for your advise it has been 10 weeks i do have legal cover they told me to send the 14 days notice which i have done and that has been ignored i will contact and take the legal route and see what they say this time but thanks for your feed back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
hi thanks for your advise it has been 10 weeks i do have legal cover they told me to send the 14 days notice which i have done and that has been ignored i will contact and take the legal route and see what they say this time but thanks for your feed back
We have a 2022 Swift Kontiki, at its first Hab check they found 40% plus damp along the wall under the front offside bunk. They told me it's covered under warranty and will be repaired SEPTEMBER 2024!! I had to collect the vehicle. I have contacted trading standards and notified them I want the repair doing within 8 weeks. The terms of Swift Warranty state "If a fault is identified, I have to make the vehicle available within 6 weeks or the warranty is void" How can the dealer state almost 11 months. I have sent the first letter to say I want the reapir doing, they failed to respond. I now have to send a second letter, trading standards told me to reject the motorhome (If I wish) and I am entitled to a refund, so that is my next move. The likelihood of it happening is slim, but at least they may hurry up and repair it. Like you, we are devastated, my wife wants nothing to do with it and won’t even use it now. Even repaired, my service history now shows damp, so that has devalued the motorhome. I personally would walk away from anything with a history of damp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back