Swift Voyager Ground Crearance Concerns. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Hi..
Parked next to this Swift Voyager and water and waste tanks both seem extemely close to the ground.
Anyone got one and had any issues with ground clearance?

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
I watched Bob Earnshaw driving through a campsite recently in his brand new, and expensive Swift Motorhome. Was surprised to hear his water tank scrape on a fairly low speed bump. Must certainly be a design flaw

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
There’s a few(?) threads on here about the poor design of some recent Swift models wrt to water tanks and exposed pipe work. A number of owners have reported that they’ve lost pipework due to grounding.

Ian

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
There’s a few(?) threads on here about the poor design of some recent Swift models wrt to water tanks and exposed pipe work. A number of owners have reported that they’ve lost pipework due to grounding.

Ian
Me!

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Its an exclusive club
Swift through Lowdhams, put the cold water drain pump back on under warranty in exactly the same place.. how short sighted is that.
Its been checked by my motor mechanic who also services and mots motorhomes and the bracket can be made a lot shorter, lifting the pump level under the chassis, and diverting the waste pipe and electrics so its closer to the front of the vehicle near the grey water pump or taking it back, closer to the back wheels, so that when the vehicle drives over a speed bump the bump misses the pumps and they are not ripped off.. even then because it’s lifted the chassis will protect the pumps.. cost a few hundred pounds 2-3 tops and a
bit of wire and waste tube…
Swift should recall all the vehicles with this design fault and do it Free of charge..

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Rolling Radfords have done it probably had it repaired foc. And that new couple on youtube did the same. He has slicked back hair and the lady has big eyes haven’t a clue what they are called but i watch their vlogs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
poppycamper
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Was it new or an old one with torsion bar failure on alko chassis?
Was it new or an old one with torsion bar failure on alko chassis?
New... and to make matter worse the very low tanks both appear to have a circuler inspection/drain fitted at bottom and they protrude a further 30mm ish below tank..

Mar 12, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift
You mean this?
1721905480636.png

Mar 12, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift
I also noticed our top window above the drivers cab is rattling when driving. Didn't think much of it but someone told me there was a report on the One Show last night where they are flying off!

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I also noticed our top window above the drivers cab is rattling when driving. Didn't think much of it but someone told me there was a report on the One Show last night where they are flying off!
There are two plastic catches that locks the window closed make sure they are secure, then if it’s electric use the electric switch to close, it won’t go far maybe just a 1/2 second, but it seals the window. If this does not work it’s a warranty issue and you need the window repairing at the dealer.
These little things are sent to stress us out, the cure is a double gin and tonic or in my case a double Johnny Walker 12 year old!

Mar 12, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift
Tried the catches and also made sure all the screws were tightened. Great another dealer thing then!

Doesn't stress me, I still like the MH. Only thing that really bothers me is the rubbish dealer support.

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Tried the catches and also made sure all the screws were tightened. Great another dealer thing then!

Doesn't stress me, I still like the MH. Only thing that really bothers me is the rubbish dealer support.
I’m with you on that.
As soon as it stops raining and I can get it on level ground, I’m lifting the Moho on it’s hydraulics as high as it will go, then I’m going underneath it to take photos of both the fresh and grey water pumps, I’ll also do a full measuring plan and a technical drawing, then redesign it for optimum clearance if there’s still part of the pump below the chassis, I’ll design a barrier that can be bolted on to the chassis. In a few months I’ll publish it on this site if it works along with full costs..

Mar 12, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift
Unfortunately I'm more at home in front of a computer than a spanner. Swift should be doing all this. You pay a lot of money for something like this and they should take responsibility for poor design and implementation.

I watched the Swift Watchdog report on the One Show and Swift basically accused people of driving with the roof open. No fault on their part whatsoever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back