Swift Suntor 2025 Damp around door (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Pedro2024

Free Member
Jul 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dont Own yet
Morning all I am looking at buying the above. The last Hab report is showing damp around the door.

What is this likely to be? I have limited knowledge of these. Would it just be case of replacing the seal. Photos attached

IMG_5306.png

IMG_5294.png

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just a quick note to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just gone live. We manually review and approve new members' first few posts containing links or photos to ensure they aren't from spammers. Your post has just now been approved and is now visible to everyone.

Thanks for your patience!

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Hi and w2f

If it is damp in the floor I would be cautious. Have you viewed it,because it could be sealable,but you would need to look to see if the floor is spongy.

Is it a dealer or private sale?

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Personally, I’d walk away. Damp is the blasphemy of the motorhome community and if it’s there now, it’ll have likely caused some damage and who knows how long it’s been that way.

Lots of other vans to look at and it’s becoming more of a buyers market these days, so take your time and pick wisely 👍🏻

May well be that they’re offering a price too good to be true and that in itself speaks volumes.

You can borrow my running shoes if you like👟

Lastly, welcome to our house of Funsters, tis a great place to be 🥳🤩

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Is it a 2005 rather than a 2025? Not aware that the Suntor is current.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Pedro2024

Free Member
Jul 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dont Own yet
Hi and w2f

If it is damp in the floor I would be cautious. Have you viewed it,because it could be sealable,but you would need to look to see if the floor is spongy.

Is it a dealer or private sale?
Private sale going to view tomorrow. They have said the floor isn’t spongy. I have viewed a few where it was like walking on a bouncy castle

Upvote 0

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
the aluminium door frame at the bottom corners is just sealed not welded so that can fail and leak, normally the panel just inside the door behind the passenger seat shows signs of water damage if that is occurring
swift floors of that era are notorious and I suggest searching for pics and info on the internet before you go and look

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Damp is bad enough in most motorhomes , if its a swift and has even a sniff of damp or water ingress run like stink unless it is exceptionally cheap....but even then id advise caution the market is flooded with second hand motorhomes at the minute so personally id buy something else. They're notorious for leaks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT630
Exp
7 years full timing
It is also showing 24 on the front skylight on the roof, check that thoroughly if you intend to buy it, but as said, swift are known to be leaky.

Upvote 0
May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
As reported above Swifts of that era are known for damp problems.
I went with a mate to look at a 2004 Suntor he was thinking of buying. The damp report showed no problems, but after a crawl underneath several areas of floor rot were found - under the door and under the bathroom area. Dealer said damp reports don't include the underside ?

Also found damp in the bathroom , an attempt had been made to hide it by sticking a wide piece of upvc on the outside wall.

You definitely need to get underneath and have a good check around the edges of the floor

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The 60% would worry more than the door. But being at the front of the door it could be the joint where that metal trim is fixed.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2024
York
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
15 Years
If it has plastic sheeting covering the floor which Swift used around that time, run a mile. We were caught out as complete novices with our first motorhome, water had got under the plastic and rotted the floor.

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
So hopefully you’ll have left the thought of this one behind, but in the end we can only advise and it’s your money and decision after all.

Let us know what happens and whether you brought it or not. Lots of info on here on removing rot and repairing damp, but boy is it hard work and expensive on top of the purchase.

Good luck 🤞🏻

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
With those 40 & 60% readings on and near the roof I'd run a mile, it could cost thousands to repair.

Upvote 0
May 17, 2022
Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
Morning all I am looking at buying the above. The last Hab report is showing damp around the door.

What is this likely to be? I have limited knowledge of these. Would it just be case of replacing the seal. Photos attached

View attachment 922130

View attachment 922131
Had same problem. No knowledge of the rot in the floor until, when standing on the step, the steps pulled a hole in the floor. Water was seeping in front bottom corner of skirting. BEWARE!

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
Had same problem. No knowledge of the rot in the floor until, when standing on the step, the steps pulled a hole in the floor. Water was seeping in front bottom corner of skirting. BEWARE!
Me to I stood on the step, next thing me and step on the floor

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back