Swift Kontiki 2023: Water Loss Issues (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift
We've just bought a new Swift Kontiki single axle. It's low but so far no issues. I've got a video of us driving off our drive though that would make your hair curl so we're thinking of getting air suspension fitted. Would this help enough to get over the issues reported?

Generally overall the build quality has been very good but there's some warranty bits that seem obvious to me which should have been sorted before we picked it up.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
we're thinking of getting air suspension fitted
I've got VB full air on my Geist and it rides lower than before. It was very high at the back on the standard Fiat suspension. They lowered the back rather than raising the front, so the tanks sit very close to the ground. I've only brushed them on aggressive speed humps couple of times though. And I've got the option of lifting the suspension, which I've used to great effect on some very rough ground.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 599
I don't think there's anything to worry about :ROFLMAO:. Sound removed to protect innocent ears.

Same issues here and seems to be a problem for every owner? Email sent to Swift and await reply

Hi Danielle, hope you are well.

Just been doing some measurements on Motorhome again.

1. Bikes removed from Trailer and unnecessary equipment from garage moved or discarded.
  2. Trailer still attached-At the moment.
  3. Wheel arch to ground is 740 mm both sides.
  4. Grey and fresh waste to ground is 150 MM (Pipes) Lowest point.
  5. Big Cap on Grey waste is measuring 100 mm as is freshwater tank fin? Damaged-Images attached, what should be the real clearance based on your diagram for the fin and BIG BLACK GREY WASTE CAP?
  6. Skirting to ground is now 320 MM

Based on this are we not allowed to carry bikes on trailer as normal motorhomes do?

Nick, Moulands. Need a date please to complete.

1. New batteries
  2. Bottom Fridge shelf
  3. New window
  4. New blinds-Passenger door
  5. New bolts and check tanks for safety before we cause an accident, and something drops off on road.

Danielle, I am happy to drive to hull and discuss these matters (And bring my own engineer) as something is seriously wrong here and itā€™s not just me, but other Kontiki 794 owners who are having exact same problems. Canā€™t be just me? Paid out a lot of money and just want this sorted or even return motorhome for a full refund please?

Await everyoneā€™s kind reply.

Steve and Fionna

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

Diagram and unladen measurements.jpg

Apr 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 894
Totally agree with poor design. Mine was ripped off pulling into Chatsworth Park CAMC site, staff said, they all do it and weā€™ve posted a warning on our webpage. However, in discussing with my dealer we looked at a 2024 model with a factory shortened hanger, so Iā€™m changing to that. I was thinking of designing a flexible one thoā€™. Youā€™d think Swift would post update/upgrade bulletins for these fixes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back