Swapping to an Daily Use 2 berth Vehicle (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 6, 2012
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just One Year
Dearest Funsters,
My wife and I have spent ten years going to music festivals and seeing Europe in a series of small motorhomes ending with a Chausson 628eb with island bed to the rear and front drop-down and toad.
With the arrival of grandkids we have bought a static for family based holidays but would still like the occasional European music festival and week away by ourselves.

We would like to sell the motorhome and toad and go for a high top campervan with toilet and shower( sub 6 metres) The toilet and shower make the festival experience far more tolerable as we get on in years
We tend to think that our desire to use it as a day to day vehicle would preclude a bed of width sufficient to house us both ( I am quite commodious!). We have come to the conclusion that the best sleeping arrangement might be in a high top with me on the bottom and the wife Carol up top!
We would love to hear from you with any suggestions of vehicles we could consider. We are very receptive to new ideas.
Thanking you in advance.
Nev & Carol

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Can't help with suggestions, but good luck and have fun looking.
ours is a6M coachbuilt but a bit too heavy on the fuel to be a daily driver.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Fiat Scudo Nu Ventur
Exp
16yrs
Have a look for 'Nu Venture' Rio, sub 5.5m long, 2 berth with shower/toilet, oven + hobs, kitchen sink, fridge, Truma hot water, blown air gas heating, a 4ft wide bed which is long enough for 5'11" ,
after having a variety of motorhomes from big 'A' class, coach built & pvc this is ideal and can be driven into towns & only takes up 1 parking space.
(I thought the fuel gauge was faulty as it seems the MPG was very good for a 2L engine but driving sub 65mph (with the occasional 70 it IS fuel efficient)

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What about something like this

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Avoid anything with a wv badge puts the price up :wink: anything this size fits into a parking space as it's not a multistorey

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
You don't give a budget, but we thought the Ford Nugget Plus was well made, and meets the upstairs/downstairs bed arrangement.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Itā€™s a shame you arenā€™t at the Malvern show as itā€™s quite evident that PVC especially pop tops are very popular - never seen so many in one place before! There are high tops with roof beds also on show. Good luck with your search, looks like there are a few suggestions already on here for you to consider.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I have the autosleeper symbol as our only vehicle and it suits us fine,we can get into any parking spots the only downside is high t barriers,this is our second symbol and only 5.4 metresšŸ˜Ž

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
A 5.4m Ducato PVC will give you a permanent rear bed, a bathroom and semi dinette. And they fit in a parking space without taking the pee too much.
20191005_125728.jpg

Upvote 0
Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Avoid anything with a wv badge puts the price up :wink: anything this size fits into a parking space as it's not a multistorey

If you avoid VW you look forward to more depreciation with many other marques. Note I didn't say all.

Don't as me how I know just look at my signature.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
If you avoid VW you look forward to more depreciation with many other marques. Note I didn't say all.

Don't as me how I know just look at my signature.
I have a different approach . Once the money is gone it's gone my van only cost me 4 really good holidays .I don't get the money back from them.

Same with cars buy and die once they start costing scrap em.

I'm not sure what will last longer me or the van :wink: :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G
Jul 6, 2012
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just One Year
I have the autosleeper symbol as our only vehicle and it suits us fine,we can get into any parking spots the only downside is high t barriers,this is our second symbol and only 5.4 metresšŸ˜Ž
We like the look of the autosleeper symbol plus. Is the shower space restricted in yours?

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
We like the look of the autosleeper symbol plus. Is the shower space restricted in yours?
The shower and toilet are combined and are large enough for us but some people would think theyā€™re a bit small. The symbol plus is a larger vehicle so more space but we wouldā€™nt manage to fit a larger vehicle on our drive.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back