Susan Calman's camper travel series vehicle

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've seen her transport in the 'flesh'.

IMG_20220804_215629.jpg

Yup, it's the Romahome that Susan Calman does her TV shows in. It was waiting to catch the 8.00pm ferry last night back to Scotland from Ireland (as we were). It was being driven by a lady who was paid to do so, hubby asked if Susan ever stayed in it and the answer was an unconvincing "Sometimes" so that pretty much means no. 🙄

The ferry got in at 10pm but we didn't spot the Romahome again as we drove to Stranraer for the night to park in our 'secret spot'. This afternoon we went on to Girvan and parked up on the outskirts, then as hubby was looking out the window lo and behold the Romahome was taken past on a truck at 5.19 pm. I don't think it's broken down as it wasn't a recovery truck so I bet this is how they move it around, makes such a mockery of the TV series about using it for holidays.

Has anyone else seen it anywhere?

IMG_20220804_215821.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You didn’t believe she really slept in it did you😊
I've never watched it so only know of her from comments on here and the odd TV advert about the series. As others had previously mentioned in other threads that they thought she didn't really use it, ie it's just a stage prop, I thought being able to find out would be of interest.

Hopefully those who thought she did drive it everywhere and use it for real won't be too disappointed (just don't tell them that Father Christmas doesn't exist too!).

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am getting a bit sick & tired of so called celebs going round places in borrowed MH's, one series is enough, but too many takes the biscuit.
Even that old Scouser (Ricky Tomlinson) from The Royale Family TV series, (Not the real one) was on the tele last night being driven round in a MH, luckily I didnt have to endure it as the Mrs hates the way he talks. :LOL:
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I bought and sold three very similar Bedford Bambis over a 6 year period in the noughties. All bought for between £900 to £1300 and sold at a good profit. 970cc Isuzu engines. Just 3.8 metres overall length. Happiest cruising at 45mph but had to change down a gear for the slightest gradient or headwind.
I toured Europe quite extensively in them and even trailered my 23' long racing dinghy (twice the length of the Bambi) to La Rochelle to compete in the Internationals.
They were the most fun I've ever had with a camper/motorhome.

MyBambi5Mar08outside.jpg

100_1305.jpg

MyBambi5Mar08.jpg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
The Richardson's spoofing Moho celeb touring was funny though.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
Many years ago perhaps Fourty or fifty the couple who edited what is now MMM use to drive all over Europe in a Romahome and report in their travels in the magazine.
l cannot remember their names perhaps someone could enlighten me.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The Richardson's spoofing Moho celeb touring was funny though.
Not listening,Not Listening! Watching him raise one cheek sat in his chair to fart and being proud of it, in one episode The Royale Family was too close to home for me.:giggle:
On recollection the most memorable moments from The Royale Family or me at least, was when they returned home early from a static caravan holiday because "they didnt have a chip pan in the van" Oh! and then of course, "better give that 10 minutes luv" after he had visited the bathroom.:sick: It definitely was a Marmite Comedy Show, but did have a good cast.
LES

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Love the little van, but can’t stand the little presenter. There’s quite a few celebrities that do this motorhome travels thingy, but I bet hardly any actually use them as they should. Think the latest one I saw was Rustie Lee. Couldnt watch that one either and the couple with the 22 kids program made me cringe.

Definately getting grumpier 🤭😀

Shrimp

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Never thought any of these celebs would actually tour and sleep/cook/stay in any of these vans!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Many years ago I was camping at Normans Bay with sister and a friend. We saw a Bambi at the local garage and decided to take a punt. Negotiated a price of £1000 cash and then over the next few days we each raided the ATM to accumulate sufficient funds! At the end of our holiday I was nominated to drive it home (insurance was in place!). It was the hottest day of the holiday and my sister had the luxury of driving the air conditioned car home! Eventually got back up to Lancashire with no problems on the journey, but think I must have lost weight with sweating!!
We sold the van a few months later for £1500 after using it for just days out.
Must have been mad but was young and didn’t really think of the ‘what if’s’😀

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
It's all entertainment, unlike the news, I couldn't be a hiker, I couldn't be a biker, too lazy to peruse a map, so Bradley, Barney and Susan can show me where to go then I can set my sat nav and I'm off:sun::Grin::sun:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
By the way, I am English not British Thank You.

Gina (Regina, named after my English Grandfather Reginald) xxx

Thank you and good night,

Me, too, English through and through :)

Hate it on forms when the ask 'country' of birth and the only option is United Kingdom!! The UK is NOT a 'country'!!!! Boils my p*ss!!

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
The Hairy *Bikers* are just as bad, a local dealer had the two Motoguzzi motorcycles for sale that they had used to film a series on supposedly riding them around the county, must have been pretty small part of the country as both had under 250 miles on them and one had a cigarette burn through the seat cover! Even turned up at the dealership on a trailer

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
mistake!!

kevenh

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not listening,Not Listening! Watching him raise one cheek sat in his chair to fart and being proud of it, in one episode The Royale Family was too close to home for me.:giggle:
🤔I didn’t know Jon Richardson had a been in Royale Family.
But his Meet The Richardsons mockumemtary is funny.
In the last two episodes him & wife Lucy parody stars in Motorhome shows (as mentioned above).
I’ve only watched the 1st of these where Whitby is visited (after I think 8 other celebrities have 🤣).

The first (2?) Meet The Richardsons series is my fave because they left me wondering how much was real v mock, but series 3 goes full mock mode. More laughs less cringe at the u certainty 👀🤷‍♂️

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
One of her quotes in a tv magazine was ‘ once you’ve been to Skegness you’d never want to go anywhere else in the world’ . Hm

Littiewheels. I remember those articles, she liked the Canaries a lot. Was the name Mary Tisdale? Could easily be wrong, must have heard about it from my grandfather

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
🤔I didn’t know Jon Richardson had a been in Royale Family.
But his Meet The Richardsons mockumemtary is funny.
In the last two episodes him & wife Lucy parody stars in Motorhome shows (as mentioned above).
I’ve only watched the 1st of these where Whitby is visited (after I think 8 other celebrities have 🤣).

The first (2?) Meet The Richardsons series is my fave because they left me wondering how much was real v mock, but series 3 goes full mock mode. More laughs less cringe at the u certainty 👀🤷‍♂️

I also didn't know that Jon or Lucy had been in the Royale Family either but maybe it was like his appearance in Line of Duty.....

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
One of her quotes in a tv magazine was ‘ once you’ve been to Skegness you’d never want to go anywhere else in the world’ . Hm

Littiewheels. I remember those articles, she liked the Canaries a lot. Was the name Mary Tisdale? Could easily be wrong, must have heard about it from my grandfather
I went once after being assured it wasnt " too bad" .
Like i said , Once.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I went once after being assured it wasnt " too bad" .
Hi.
Try " Withernsea ". just through Hull. In the 60's it was renamed " The Dockers Majorca "... It DID have its own magic though ,along with " Hornsea ". A visit to Hornsea had to include a visit to Horsea Pottery and a Goliath sandwich at their Cafe. .A French stick,opened and filled with ham and salad.....Can still taste, it sat here now.
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back