Summit Prime Shower Leak

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar SummitPrime
Hi
New to the forum but hoping I can get some help with my Summit Prime 540. We got this last year and its been amazing so far. But... we don't use the shower much (twice maybe) so I forgot it when I made it ready for winter (muppet) and it now leaks from the shower head and front of the mixer tap. So fare we've lived with the drip as its not too bad (maybe a litre a day) but we're off on our summer holidays soon and I'd rather not be mopping out the shower tray every day (there is no such thing as level ground!).
I'm having no luck finding out if the tap has a cartridge that can be replaced, or a replacement shower, or even how to take the thing off the wall! I've been in touch with the dealer but response times from Globecar or the UK importer are slow.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

20240520_175145.jpg

20240520_175246.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
You will need to take the lever off. I suspect there is a screw under the red/blue thingy. This will reveal what type of tap you have.

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The replacement cartridge is £5 at screwfix.

Turn off pump. Remove the lever by undoing the grub screw a few turns. Undo the nut underneath and withdraw cassette. Replace with a new one having lubricated the O rings with silicone grease and reassemble. A 10 minute job

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Last edited:
OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar SummitPrime
Thanks. I'm not sure the blue/red comes off but will check tomorrow evening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E460
Exp
15 years

Turn off pump. Remove the lever by undoing the grub screw a few turns. Undo the nut underneath and withdraw cassette. Replace with a new one having lubricated the O rings with silicone grease and reassemble. A 10 minute job
Hi, maybe you can assist me, my shower head leaks on the hot water side, I’ve removed the tap lever to expose the cartridge, there is a minute screw in the top of the cartridge which I have begun to undo, but stopped there as I’m not sure what to do next, the cartridge seems to be in very tight. Can you assist?
IMG_0643.jpeg
IMG_0644.jpeg

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The outer chrome ring unscrews to release the cartridge. On my phone so can't see if there is a nut as well, but certainly the top part unscrews to release the cartridge

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ah just zoomed right in White plastic nut. Will need needle nose pliers by the look of it

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar SummitPrime

I got the tap cover off to be confronted with this.

I guess I need to undo the black outer to get the cartridge out but it looks like pliers won't do it. Any ideas?

20240624_173812.jpg

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use long nose pliers just gets the nut perfectly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar SummitPrime
Got it out and replacement ordered. The bevelled surround that you can just see in the picture screwed off by hand making access with pliers possible. Thanks for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back