Struggling to Price My Motorhome for Sale (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 28, 2020
Dereham, UK
Funster No
MH
Adam wallace murray
Exp
C class since 2006
Through force of circumstance, I have reluctantly decided that I should sell my motorhome.

I am struggling to think of a sensible asking price. I have not found a publicly accessible motorhome equivalent of Glasses Guide. I haven't seen any similar vehicle on private sale, and am constitutionally suspicioius of the adverts in CAMC or similar magazines along the lines of "we buy any motorhome".

I have found one or two similar ones on dealers' websites ( it's a 2018 Elddis Accordo with about 20k on the clock) but realise a direct sale to them, particularly without part-exchange would get anything like that amount.

I'd welcome any advice ( please NOT along the lines of "don't give up etc. I would just find that depressing. I have decided that "needs must")

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Google your model or similar and take price from there.

You can also ask Simon at Select Motorhomes (hope I got right name) for a price and he has also listed vans for Funsters too as he is keen for our business and has good feedback.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
There are a number of 2018 Accordos currently for sale on Autotrader.
Price range is £42K to £49K, with the higher priced ones being from dealers.
For a private sale I would ask £42K, but the market is changing and you may need to be prepared to accept less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
We earlier this yr traded our 2020 Eldiss Vogue 105 (11500 mls) in & got £50K taking out a Burstner from them, I know they prob made on the one we bought but were happy with the deal , our old one Sold straight away. Don't think Glasses Guide or the like make any difference today they just look at the Market place & see what Models are going for.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You could get motorhome depot around to quote. They will tell you the price they expect to sell it for and what they think you would get after their commission. We did that but then sold through Simon select they were very good to deal with and easy for us.

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has it got full history has the cam belt been done ? Has it got a load of extras .?

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Through force of circumstance, I have reluctantly decided that I should sell my motorhome.

I am struggling to think of a sensible asking price. I have not found a publicly accessible motorhome equivalent of Glasses Guide. I haven't seen any similar vehicle on private sale, and am constitutionally suspicioius of the adverts in CAMC or similar magazines along the lines of "we buy any motorhome".

I have found one or two similar ones on dealers' websites ( it's a 2018 Elddis Accordo with about 20k on the clock) but realise a direct sale to them, particularly without part-exchange would get anything like that amount.

I'd welcome any advice ( please NOT along the lines of "don't give up etc. I would just find that depressing. I have decided that "needs must")
Send me the details through, I may be able to help.

Cheers

Simon

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A
Oct 28, 2020
Dereham, UK
Funster No
MH
Adam wallace murray
Exp
C class since 2006

Aw thank you so much

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A
Oct 28, 2020
Dereham, UK
Funster No
MH
Adam wallace murray
Exp
C class since 2006
You could get motorhome depot around to quote. They will tell you the price they expect to sell it for and what they think you would get after their commission. We did that but then sold through Simon select they were very good to deal with and easy for us.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A
Oct 28, 2020
Dereham, UK
Funster No
MH
Adam wallace murray
Exp
C class since 2006
Has it got full history has the cam belt been done ? Has it got a load of extras .?
Thanks yes good point. I posted this morning when feeling particularly down. I'll assemble all the details I can and start from therr. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back