Strasbourg to Calais, 4 overnights, where? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Sadly started planning our return from a 6 week trip to Alsace.

Our last arranged stay is Strasbourg then we have 4 nights before we need to be in Calais.

I’m avoiding toll roads as I find them a bit boring so my route is north, slip briefly into Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and into France so A4, D620, E29/620, E29/A13, E25/A6 and E25/A4 which roughly takes me from Strasbourg through Bitche, Saarbrucken, Volklingen, Saarloouis, Merzig, Luxembourg City (been there), Arlon, Namur, Mons, Calais.

I’m thinking of 2 x 2 night stays to give us a couple of full days to explore somewhere.

For the seasoned travellers is there anywhere/anything on the route you’d recommend.

Thanks all 😀

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Don't know if it's on your route, but on our way home from Strasbourg we stopped at the aire at Nancy and walked up into the town. It is truly truly stunning.

The aire is on the river and it was someone from their office that booked us in. He said the square was in the top 10 squares of Europe/the world, can't remember, but definitely worth a visit . We went Christmas time , so second photo looks a bit wintry
1726590046983.jpeg
1726589975775.jpeg

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Have a look at Hooge Crater just outside Ypres for the end of your drive back ,fascinating museum come cafe that has an on-site MH stop ,on the WW1 frontline with loads to see and Ypres is about ten minutes away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back