Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
When I enquired about servicing my Motorhome they told me they did not have the facilities to handle large vehicles.

Looking at their website they appear to be Fiat Professional dealers + workshop. I would expect them to have facilities to service your MH.

https://retailer.fiatprofessional.co.uk/stellantis-you-bristol-cribbs-0053030

I might gve them a try in 2025. At least while waiting you can wander off to the Mall for a mooch round the shops and bite to eat.

I also note that on the Stellantis website there is a promotion offer of 5 years servicing, b'down and warranty for £555 + VAT. That seems like a bargain but I suspect it won't include a cambelt change.

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I purchased a car from Stellantis, and all seemed well.........

until there was something wrong - then my opinion changed.

The (new) car flashed up a warning of STOP VEHICLE IMMEDIATELY - DO NOT MOVE/ SWITCH OFF ENGINE

On phoning Stellantis they informed me they would book it in for repair 'at the earliest possible opportunity'

Oh goody I replied, and asked when that will be?

'Only 3 weeks from now' the phone operator replied in a tone that suggested I should be extremely grateful of this length of delay 'but not at my local dealer. They are very busy right now'.

Would I touch Stellantis again? Not with a barge pole.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I purchased a car from Stellantis, and all seemed well.........

until there was something wrong - then my opinion changed.

The (new) car flashed up a warning of STOP VEHICLE IMMEDIATELY - DO NOT MOVE/ SWITCH OFF ENGINE

On phoning Stellantis they informed me they would book it in for repair 'at the earliest possible opportunity'

Oh goody I replied, and asked when that will be?

'Only 3 weeks from now' the phone operator replied in a tone that suggested I should be extremely grateful of this length of delay 'but not at my local dealer. They are very busy right now'.

Would I touch Stellantis again? Not with a barge pole.

Last year Stellantis cut the number of franchised Fiat dealerships in the UK from 125 to 100.

Not an uncommon situation, and not limited to Stellantis unfortunately. If they had improved reliabilty it would matter less, although you still would need to book a service months in advance because their workshop appointments are limited.

Long delays in getting a workshop appointment for urgent diagnosis and repair. new parts not in stock even though these are often well-known failures with some models. Lengthy order times. Very poor. It applies to other brands as well as Stellantis' ones.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) of Stellantis in Bristol for Fiat servicing?
I know it’s not local, but when we bought our first Hymer from 3 Counties in Poole, we used this company:

Hillmans Motor Services Ltd
01202 888880

They dealt with the Motorhomes sold by 3 counties, so they recommended them to us.

Cliff does his own servicing, but Hillmans did our timing chain (?) as he thought it would be easier for them to do it rather than try to do it himself.

We were really pleased with the service. We were able to sleep in the van overnight, and they let us use their pool car to drive into Poole while they were doing the job.

We’re from Bath, but we’d take the van there every time.

https://g.co/kgs/4i6vN8A

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MrWizz
Sep 15, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite
Exp
Since 2009

That’s their website.
Thank you for the info. I can’t decide if a dealer service stamp is worth it or not. Unfortunately the Fiat Professional dealer in Gloucester recently closed down.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you for the info. I can’t decide if a dealer service stamp is worth it or not. Unfortunately the Fiat Professional dealer in Gloucester recently closed down.
We weren’t bothered about keeping the service book up to date, we just wanted a garage that was good and knew what they were doing. They are a garage with mechanics that can actually work on things and not just diagnose and change parts. 👍

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
Near Bristol. Middletown’s Motor Care in Congresbury look after our van and Davan in WSM do the hab check
Middletown’s collect it from Davan after the hab check and do the vehicle serving and MOT.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Bad luck if you live in the Gloucester area. Same here near Bristol. :mad:

My local Fiat Professional dealership + workshop, that was only about 3 miles from where I live, went bankrupt and closed without warning over 3 years ago. That was Simonstone. Some misleading goggle search results still lead you to Simonstone. The site is still vacant and overgrown. There is no replacement dealership. What used to be a large Honda dealership opposite also closed and for a while it was a Cazoo site untl they went into administration and closed down. I wonder if these sites will eventually be classed as brownfield sites for residential change of use and development, with new blocks of flats built on them, even though they are in the middle of a thriving commercial / business zone in Brislington.

How does FIAT's UK MD's decision last year to cut the franchised dealerships from 125 to 100 actually provide a convenient resource for its customers who need services and repairs? It's obvious that this means more customers chasing fewer available workshop appointments. Long delays for urgent repairs. Long periods when customers can't use their faulty vehicles. All they seem really interested in is shifting their stock of new vehicles.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Stellantis / FIAT (including Peugeot and Citroen) share of the MH base vehicle market in the UK, that used to be about 85% not so long ago, has dropped to around 45% because Ford (in particular), Mercedes, VW + MAN, and others are growing their market share.

That indicates to me that Stellantis / FIAT no longer sees the MH market as a priority segment of their commercial van business especially in the UK.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MrWizz
Sep 15, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite
Exp
Since 2009
Bad luck if you live in the Gloucester area. Same here near Bristol. :mad:

My local Fiat Professional dealership + workshop, that was only about 3 miles from where I live, went bankrupt and closed without warning over 3 years ago. That was Simonstone. Some misleading goggle search results still lead you to Simonstone. The site is still vacant and overgrown. There is no replacement dealership. What used to be a large Honda dealership opposite also closed and for a while it was a Cazoo site untl they went into administration and closed down. I wonder if these sites will eventually be classed as brownfield sites for residential change of use and development, with new blocks of flats built on them, even though they are in the middle of a thriving commercial / business zone in Brislington.

How does FIAT's UK MD's decision last year to cut the franchised dealerships from 125 to 100 actually provide a convenient resource for its customers who need services and repairs? It's obvious that this means more customers chasing fewer available workshop appointments. Long delays for urgent repairs. Long periods when customers can't use their faulty vehicles. All they seem really interested in is shifting their stock of new vehicles.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Stellantis / FIAT (including Peugeot and Citroen) share of the MH base vehicle market in the UK, that used to be about 85% not so long ago, has dropped to around 45% because Ford (in particular), Mercedes, VW + MAN, and others are growing their market share.

That indicates to me that Stellantis / FIAT no longer sees the MH market as a priority segment of their commercial van business especially in the UK.
I think perhaps the best bet is to source a local garage that you have confidence in and follow Fiat recommended Service intervals. The 2 year/30k service at £500+ seems astronomical to me! I have a really fantastic local garage that I use for the car but he can’t accommodate the van.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I think perhaps the best bet is to source a local garage that you have confidence in and follow Fiat recommended Service intervals. The 2 year/30k service at £500+ seems astronomical to me! I have a really fantastic local garage that I use for the car but he can’t accommodate the van.
There is a local commercial vehicle workshop near me. It mostly services big lorries and some vans. I was walking past when I saw one of their fitters who was moving a van in their parking area bash the front bumper against a truck. Then he walked away as if nothing happened. It didn't inspire confidence.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking

Lifted from website, but like ALL uk dealers, the backup /aftersales is crap, picking and choosing what they can't/ can do for the customers. If you have franchise for fiat, mercedes, etc, then support the brand full stop.
Did you buy the vehicle in this country, did you buy the vehicle from us? These questions, are questions you should never hear from a service receptionist.
Unfortunately not!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Looking at their website they appear to be Fiat Professional dealers + workshop. I would expect them to have facilities to service your MH.
Being a Fiat Professional dealer has nothing to do with the ability to accommodate motorhomes.
I used to use the FP dealer in Hull until I found out they sent it to a van service centre nearby. They did this because their vehicle service area lifts were weight and height restricted.
I swapped to the commercial vehicle dealer that services trucks.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Being a Fiat Professional dealer has nothing to do with the ability to accommodate motorhomes.
I used to use the FP dealer in Hull until I found out they sent it to a van service centre nearby. They did this because their vehicle service area lifts were weight and height restricted.
I thought Fiat Professional was the part of Fiat that dealt with lightweight commercial vehicles, they ought to be able to cope with all vans and most motorhomes. Perhaps some of the bigger ones might not fit.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

When booking a service with a Fiat Professional dealership, I have been asked more than once if mine is an A-Class. Either they don't want customers with an A-Class because under bonnet access is notoriously more difficult, or they are going to treat it as outside the FIAT fixed price servicing tariffs, and charge more because the job takes longer than the time allowed by FIAT for Ducato vans or coachbuilts with van cabs.

I have no idea what an independent commercial workshop for trucks might charge. I would expect they have some kind of fixed price servicing agreement for the Council's trucks and vans; likewise other fleet customers, but private customers wth MHs are fair game for extracting higher rates. If you can get it done there more cheaply, that's a bonus.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
When booking a service with a Fiat Professional dealership, I have been asked more than once if mine is an A-Class. Either they don't want customers with an A-Class because under bonnet access is notoriously more difficult, or they are going to treat it as outside the FIAT fixed price servicing tariffs, and charge more because the job takes longer than the time allowed by FIAT for Ducato vans or coachbuilts with van cabs.

I have no idea what an independent commercial workshop for trucks might charge. I would expect they have some kind of fixed price servicing agreement for the Council's trucks and vans; likewise other fleet customers, but private customers wth MHs are fair game for extracting higher rates. If you can get it done there more cheaply, that's a bonus.
The commercial vehicle dealer I swapped to was the Fiat Professional/Iveco dealership for trucks, not an independent.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I thought Fiat Professional was the part of Fiat that dealt with lightweight commercial vehicles, they ought to be able to cope with all vans and most motorhomes. Perhaps some of the bigger ones might not fit.
They mostly sold cars and some small vans and were very happy to take my average C class 7.2 metre motorhome in for service and later MOT, failing to inform me that anything requiring lifting would be sent to the local independent van dealer. I only found out when I noticed the van dealer had done the MOT.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back