Split charge relay elddis 175 (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Hi. I'm trying to find the split charge relay on my 2013 Elddis Riva Gold Gt 175. I have installed an Epever 100Ah LiFePo battery and an Epever MPPT duo racer solar controller but after some deliberation, despite knowing the battery has a good BMS, think it would be safer to install a DC-DC charger, mainly to protect the alternator. The motorhome is on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2. It has a BCA mains power/charger which I may or may not use depending on charging level of solar. The pdu is pictured. Any help in locating the SCR would be appreciated. Thanks.

PXL_20240921_153543521.jpg

17269359828463117871384002328228.jpg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi. I'm trying to find the split charge relay on my 2013 Elddis Riva Gold Gt 175. I have installed an Epever 100Ah LiFePo battery and an Epever MPPT duo racer solar controller but after some deliberation, despite knowing the battery has a good BMS, think it would be safer to install a DC-DC charger, mainly to protect the alternator. The motorhome is on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2. It has a BCA mains power/charger which I may or may not use depending on charging level of solar. The pdu is pictured. Any help in locating the SCR would be appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 953253

View attachment 953254

We have an 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175, so the same layout and BCA PDU as you.
I have installed a 300Ah lithium hab battery and a Victron Orion XS B2B, and I never found, or could find any information to speak of regarding an Elddis SCR other than it looks like the D+ triggers a relay in the BCA PDU when you look at the schematic wiring diagram for the BCA PSU, so I never disabled the split-charge on my van and I have never had any problems by not doing so.

1726937285744.png

You will find if you remove the black trim piece at the bottom of the drivers side "B" post a CBE SRX 250 relay fuse unit that picks up the D+ from your alternator and sends this to the BCA PSU to also power your fridge on 12v via a relay in the BCA PDU when your engine is running.

1726937324045.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have an 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175, so the same layout and BCA PDU as you.
I have installed a 300Ah lithium hab battery and a Victron Orion XS B2B, and I never found, or could find any information to speak of regarding an Elddis SCR other than it looks like the D+ triggers a relay in the BCA PDU when you look at the schematic wiring diagram for the BCA PSU, so I never disabled the split-charge on my van and I have never had any problems by not doing so.

View attachment 953259

You will find if you remove the black trim piece at the bottom of the drivers side "B" post a CBE SRX 250 relay fuse unit that picks up the D+ from your alternator and sends this to the BCA PSU to also power your fridge on 12v via a relay in the BCA PDU when your engine is running.

View attachment 953260
Thank you Two on Tour. That is exactly the info I need! I did wonder whether it even existed after finding another post for a later 175 saying they didn't think a SCR was fitted! But I'm not sure about this. It does however beg the question, if there is no SCR or not disconnected, is it even necessary to fit a DC-DC? I'm not too worried about charging the Lithium battery as the solar does well and I may well add another 100W. I could also either reconnect the BCA power/charger or replace with a Victron IP22. We are not "heavy" off grid campers as we use sites a fair bit, but would like to go 4-5 days off grid occasionally when using aires or simply to save cost of EHU if not included in site charge. I have looked at the Orion XS but wondering whether to cut costs a bit as there are a few cheaper options out there. Any comments valued. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If you have searched earlier threads, then you will have seen that I have replaced my PS276 mains charger with a Victron IP22.
For the most part we are off grid and are fairly power hungry with powering various devices on our van, and although we have a little over 400watt of solar on the roof, a B2B is a no brainer for us for topping up the hab battery when on the move.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
If you have searched earlier threads, then you will have seen that I have replaced my PS276 mains charger with a Victron IP22.
For the most part we are off grid and are fairly power hungry with powering various devices on our van, and although we have a little over 400watt of solar on the roof, a B2B is a no brainer for us for topping up the hab battery when on the move.
Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is about wrecking the alternator with too much draw on it. Not sure if my concerns are justified

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back