Spare key for habitation door (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 31, 2023
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Caracompac
Exp
Since 2004
I have been trying to get another key cut for the habitation door of our Weinsberg Caracompact but all the usual key cutting outlets are unable to oblige. They do not stock the blank or recognise the key.

I wonder if anyone knows what make the habitation door and lock are and where to get a spare key from. There is a four figure number on the key.

I suppose as a very last resort I could try the dealer but I dont want to have to remortgage the house !

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I got one from these people

IMG_1307.png

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Have you looked on eBay under ‘Caravan Key Cut to Code’?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have been trying to get another key cut for the habitation door of our Weinsberg Caracompact but all the usual key cutting outlets are unable to oblige. They do not stock the blank or recognise the key.

I wonder if anyone knows what make the habitation door and lock are and where to get a spare key from. There is a four figure number on the key.

I suppose as a very last resort I could try the dealer but I dont want to have to remortgage the house !

I get the impression that UK key-cutters hold the blanks for UK doors used by UK MH manufacturers and that on the Continent it is for European locks.

We walked into the first key shop in a small town in Slowakia and he cut 4 keys for our N&B Arto Hab door for about £10

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I get the impression that UK key-cutters hold the blanks for UK doors used by UK MH manufacturers and that on the Continent it is for European locks.

We walked into the first key shop in a small town in Slowakia and he cut 4 keys for our N&B Arto Hab door for about £10
In Britain it may variable as to availablity but i got keys for my Rapido on the first market key stall i tried in the west country and somewhere i cant remember( possibly in Wales) but no chance in midlands.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
When we wanted one for our Bailey one Timpson didn’t have the blank but another did. That was for a hab door with no chips or anything like that.

OP
OP
K
Aug 31, 2023
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Caracompac
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you all for your helpful replies.

I sent a photo to replacement keys but they were unable to help because they don't stock the blanks.

I will keep trying and if all else fails will try in France when we go there later in the year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back