solo traveller (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Diddydi

Free Member
Jul 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Nu Venture Nu Surf
Hi all, I've just got a Nu Venture Nu surf and am planning some trips around the uk. I'm a solo traveller and love to go off the beaten track and wondered if there was others doing the same who may like to hook up at times? I'm female, love walking and the outdoors and meeting new people.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome to Fun. It will help if you put a rough location (e.g. county) in your Profile.
Quite a few solo ladies and chaps on Fun.
There is a Solos forum on here but I'm not sure whether a 'free member' can access it (personal safety).
As a free member you'll also only get 5 posts. Link to subscribing here........

Solos forum..........

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Hi and welcome, yes there are plenty solo female and male, and probably the odd non binary or trans, or those self identifying as a sheep, or even an apple.

Takes all sorts these days apparently

Good luck ask any questions here, we are a friendly knowledgable bunch really :)

Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Fiat Scudo Nu Ventur
Exp
16yrs
Hi all, I've just got a Nu Venture Nu surf and am planning some trips around the uk. I'm a solo traveller and love to go off the beaten track and wondered if there was others doing the same who may like to hook up at times? I'm female, love walking and the outdoors and meeting new people.
Welcome !
My partner Sylvia & I have a (Fiat Scudo based) Nu Venture Rio, easy to drive& park and plenty of idea's here - enjoy

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Probably a very nice lady . But. A free member who goes off grid? Potential for another solo member to head to a deserted location to join this "free member"and be robbed by a ruthless gang. Sorry but always suspicious of those free members looking to meet up with other solos.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Probably a very nice lady . But. A free member who goes off grid? Potential for another solo member to head to a deserted location to join this "free member"and be robbed by a ruthless gang. Sorry but always suspicious of those free members looking to meet up with other solos.

I have to admit it seemed a bit odd to me, too. I know I'm suspicious and anxious about everything but reading that, thenseeing it's the first post, i thought "Really?" Like you say, it could be perfectly genuine but in today's world.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Surely there are far, far less complicated ways for ruthless gangs to rob people than trying to meet through Fun.

I'm glad I don't have such a suspicious imagination. ;)

JJ :cool:

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I thought when have a funster number they are not a free member

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Mr Parrot Face ... do you REALLY believe a ruthless gang tried to arrange a meet with a solo motorhomer by pretending to be another solo traveller with robbery in mind?

Do you know of any instances where this has happened?

Just a naive full timer wondering...

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Mr Parrot Face ... do you REALLY believe a ruthless gang tried to arrange a meet with a solo motorhomer by pretending to be another solo traveller with robbery in mind?

Do you know of any instances where this has happened?

Just a naive full timer wondering...

Progress.....your admitting it!

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
No answer to my question though!

I don't know why you are so critical of my warning to female solo travellers. Have you not read of the many women who hand over large amounts of money to distant men who charm them with the offer of love and romance. Quite elaborate and complicated plots. In the above case the women could be easily handing a 100k motorhome over to them, plus the likelihood of physical abuse. Just trying to look after people with my warning.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I don't know why you are so critical of my warning to female solo travellers. Have you not read of the many women who hand over large amounts of money to distant men who charm them with the offer of love and romance. Quite elaborate and complicated plots. In the above case the women could be easily handing a 100k motorhome over to them, plus the likelihood of physical abuse. Just trying to look after people with my warning.

I don't see the posts where someone is being critical of your post but I'm in total agreement with you. Why shouldn't we take care of each other? Isn't that part of what this forum is about and why so many people are members? I think so. Well done to you :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back