Solar and Lithium & chassis battery charging (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I get that Lenny, thanks.

Just curious about the difference disconnecting a cable that has zero current in the dark can make. If there’s zero current what good does disconnecting do?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I get that Lenny, thanks.

Just curious about the difference disconnecting a cable that has zero current in the dark can make. If there’s zero current what good does disconnecting do?
To reset the controller it's the battery side that needs disconnecting but best to disconnect the panel and reconnect the battery first.

Even with no current flowing from the panel the controller will still detect the panel is connected.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Did you install the Victron under the drives seat in place of the standard NDA?
What is the standard NDA?
I replaced the one that the dealer installed, under the driver seat (LHD), behind the EBL.
IMG_20240414_160444.jpg

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks Peavy

So looking at your install you have the positive and negative PV and positive and negative battery, which I assume is your hab battery.

The NDS SC300M has 5 pins. Pin 2 is the positive from the solar panel. Pin 1 (ground), pin 4 (service positive) and pin 5 (start battery) go onto conduit and loop round to connect to the front of the Shhaudt EBL.

So for your install did you share the ground and dispense with the start battery lead? I have a battery master so don’t need a solar feed to the start battery.
IMG_5049.jpeg
IMG_5060.jpeg
IMG_5055.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Thanks Peavy

So looking at your install you have the positive and negative PV and positive and negative battery, which I assume is your hab battery.

The NDS SC300M has 5 pins. Pin 2 is the positive from the solar panel. Pin 1 (ground), pin 4 (service positive) and pin 5 (start battery) go onto conduit and loop round to connect to the front of the Shhaudt EBL.

So for your install did you share the ground and dispense with the start battery lead? I have a battery master so don’t need a solar feed to the start battery.View attachment 885990View attachment 885991View attachment 885992
My BATT (+) and (-) go straight to the EBL, and, AFAIK, my EBL doesn't charge my vehicle battery (except when in EHU).
Hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back