Site for a couple of nights in Austria (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
My wife and I are travelling with our 18 year son to Croatia in July. On the way our son has requested that we stay for a couple of nights in mountains on a site with great views. Our route currently will take us through Austria to Slovenia and then Croatia. If anyone could suggest any places to stay with great mountain views, and maybe a lake, that would help greatly, it could be either on a largish site or somewhere smaller and with or without EHU.
Thanks
Stuart

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
THIS campsite is just outside Innsbruck with free bus into the city which is well worth a visit. The site has a large lake, views of mountains & the Olympic ski station. The site is truly 5* beautiful facilities with full separate bathrooms in the main building. The site is quite large but spread out with shop restaurants etc but we love it and return time & time again if going via the Brenner Pass. You can deviate back up into the Dolomites easily on the way to Slovenia if it’s glorious mountain views you want of cross via the pass to Cortina.

THIS campsite is much smaller, beautiful views of the very close mountains on the pass into Italy, this is a nice way to Italy then Slovenia & Croatia via Udine. This site has a spar and also excellent facilities. Almost on a river with excellent walks or cycling, a few yards away, adjacent restaurant and the town is within walking distance.

Finally THIS campsite at Prutz is on a river with mountain views and you can catch a (free) bus but pay the toll up to the top of the adjacent glacier and see Austria, Italy & Switzerland from the top. The campsite has excellent facilities, a basic restaurant and within easy walk into the large village. This is on the road into Italy but heading down towards Venice then Slovenia.

The free busses come as part of you camping fee in Austria just in case you are wondering

We have done all these routes more than once on our way south in a 4t 8m van and can do them all toll free in Austria if desired. Hope it helps StuartB

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We stayed here a few months back.
Very nice relaxed site park where and how you like, bar and restaurant on site 5 min walk to the bus stop then another 10 mins on bus to town.

OP
OP
S
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
THIS campsite is just outside Innsbruck with free bus into the city which is well worth a visit. The site has a large lake, views of mountains & the Olympic ski station. The site is truly 5* beautiful facilities with full separate bathrooms in the main building. The site is quite large but spread out with shop restaurants etc but we love it and return time & time again if going via the Brenner Pass. You can deviate back up into the Dolomites easily on the way to Slovenia if it’s glorious mountain views you want of cross via the pass to Cortina.

THIS campsite is much smaller, beautiful views of the very close mountains on the pass into Italy, this is a nice way to Italy then Slovenia & Croatia via Udine. This site has a spar and also excellent facilities. Almost on a river with excellent walks or cycling, a few yards away, adjacent restaurant and the town is within walking distance.

Finally THIS campsite at Prutz is on a river with mountain views and you can catch a (free) bus but pay the toll up to the top of the adjacent glacier and see Austria, Italy & Switzerland from the top. The campsite has excellent facilities, a basic restaurant and within easy walk into the large village. This is on the road into Italy but heading down towards Venice then Slovenia.

The free busses come as part of you camping fee in Austria just in case you are wondering

We have done all these routes more than once on our way south in a 4t 8m van and can do them all toll free in Austria if desired. Hope it helps StuartB
Many thanks for this, will check these out

OP
OP
S
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
We stayed here a few months back.
Very nice relaxed site park where and how you like, bar and restaurant on site 5 min walk to the bus stop then another 10 mins on bus to town.
Thanks, looks good for our route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

We’ve stayed at the first one in that list. Truly a really nice place, just about the best run campsite we’ve ever been on. As mentioned a free bus into beautiful Innsbruck.

We stayed there on the way back from Croatia after crossing the Dollies, just spectacular and heaven on earth if you like MTB (easy to rent bikes up there)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Thanks, looks good for our route.
We stayed here on our way to Croatia via Slovenia.
If you do the non toll to Slovenia from here it will take you through some stunning roads.
It goes up to the ski resorts that still had snow in mid May.
Some big hills but it’s a nice steady drive.
Second to last photo is the Alpaca farm we stopped of at for lunch.
FD9E6EEC-A106-4C14-8DDF-E9C739C53371.jpeg
8A9F1F0C-0EFC-418A-9494-D454A37DDD7D.jpeg
3A096A4C-A6AE-4789-A502-87BE0D6A4B3C.jpeg

Attachments

• A915986C-15E7-42DC-8239-8EC95AA89F91.jpeg
    A915986C-15E7-42DC-8239-8EC95AA89F91.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
S
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
We stayed here on our way to Croatia via Slovenia.
If you do the non toll to Slovenia from here it will take you through some stunning roads.
It goes up to the ski resorts that still had snow in mid May.
Some big hills but it’s a nice steady drive.
Second to last photo is the Alpaca farm we stopped of at for lunch.
View attachment 633036View attachment 633037View attachment 633038
If I took the non toll route from Schloss Aigen to Slovenia would I cross into Slovenia via the Karawanken Tunnel?
Do you have any idea how long that would take in a MH?
Thanks Stuart

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The KaraWanken tunnel is toll is payable by either vignette or go box south and north vignette or Dars box👍
All depends on weight, there’s no getting on/off at the first junction to avoid it👍

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
If I took the non toll route from Schloss Aigen to Slovenia would I cross into Slovenia via the Karawanken Tunnel?
Do you have any idea how long that would take in a MH?
Thanks Stuart
We never went through any tunnels just up a very very steep hill and back down again into Slovenia.
It is a lovely drive past all the ski resorts.
Took us about 7 hours but we were not rushing and had beaks along the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I’m not advising anyone with the routes I’ve taken to get there, in fact I wouldn’t do them myself again :rofl:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I’m not advising anyone with the routes I’ve taken to get there, in fact I wouldn’t do them myself again :rofl:
I wouldn’t do this one again if there was a naked woman with beer waiting for me on the other side😂😂

Before it got bad and the crash barrier disappears😬😬😬
80B45365-6E66-449E-BE6A-07740FC2A358.jpeg

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I wouldn’t do this one again if there was a naked woman with beer waiting for me on the other side😂😂

Before it got bad and the crash barrier disappears😬😬😬
View attachment 633312
Man, you need to remember the names of all these passes you’ve been up and down, I’d like to compare notes and it will help folk like me to determine whether to buy a Concorde next or another bike😁👍👍

Ps I don’t see a problem with that, it’s an empty road :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Man, you need to remember the names of all these passes you’ve been up and down, I’d like to compare notes and it will help folk like me to determine whether to buy a Concorde next or another bike😁👍👍

Ps I don’t see a problem with that, it’s an empty road :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was until a big coach full of German tourists came heading towards me😬😬

Will have a look and see if I can find the name of the pass for you 👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp