Silver Sunscreen blinds (1 Viewer)

Feb 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Have just purchased an internal set for our Fiat Ducato campervan. They fit well but those damn sucker plugs to keep them in place keep coming off the windows...especially the windscreen (probably due to the size and weight).
Any ideas how to keep them in place or alternatives?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I'm afraid the internal ones aren't really up to the job, external ones are much better 👍

OP
OP
Outdoorrambo
Feb 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I did think of external.ones but as storage is a premium then don't want to store wet stuff ideally.

macadamia

Free Member
Feb 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise
This is my first post here 😊 so hello!
The way I improve the seal /stick of these suckers is to ensure that both the surface and the sucker are scrupulously clean and dry. Any little bit of grease, damp or lint is a problem.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I did think of external.ones but as storage is a premium then don't want to store wet stuff ideally.
We have only every had it that wet 2 or 3 times since 2003. Most f the time, it's a case of wiping off any excess with a cloth, and put it in it's bag and in the locker. The few times it's still raining, we stand it loosely rolled in the shower tray while travelling.

We had internal ones for the first van for a few months before buying the outside ones. The did not work well with the Remis blinds. The outdoor ones keep condensation to a minimum and in really cold weather make a lot of difference. If you get them them, make sure they fully cover the bonnet vents.

Edit to add: Storage is not a problem. when in the bag it slides in quite a small space and can also act as useful cushioning when carrying anything more delicate. or where things might rub together in the locker in transit. We always carry it even when not needed. However we use it more in the summer as it stops the massive heat input through the front screen as well as giving privacy. As we invariably have cats in the van, keeping the temperature down is important.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

macadamia

Free Member
Feb 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Have to say I am a massive fan of the silver screen external covers. Life enhancing, even though we have blinds and curtains too. But I get what you say about storing damp things. We try to take them off while bone dry, watching the weather 😂…even if it means taking them off ‘early’ but if we get ‘caught short’ rather than stash them rolled up and tight, we shake them and leave them loose in a big bin bag. They dry v quickly.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi we found the internal ones really good, yes the suckered can be a wee bit tempermental putting the visa down onto each side of them also works well to keep them in place
Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back