Seville (1 Viewer)

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Looking at visiting Andalusia in the Spring. Reviews on Search for Sites are less than complimentary for the Main Motorhome Aire adjacent to the river just SW of the city centre. The only campsite I could find , Dos Hermanos, appears equally lacking. Can anyone come up with a better offer.
NB I'll have had a haircut before I go. ;)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Oooh you got me excited…..now where’s me toaster :giggler:

IMG_2982.jpeg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Looking at visiting Andalusia in the Spring. Reviews on Search for Sites are less than complimentary for the Main Motorhome Aire adjacent to the river just SW of the city centre. The only campsite I could find , Dos Hermanos, appears equally lacking. Can anyone come up with a better offer.
NB I'll have had a haircut before I go. ;)
If you only desire is to visit Seville, then I suggest the Aire....it's not the best, but the most suitable one for easy access to the city..
We have used both locations you suggest...the campsite is close to bus routes into the city...

OP
OP
cyberyacht
Dec 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks. If the trip goes ahead, we will only stay for two or three nights. Whilst I don't expect the Ritz when staying on an aire, I did find the reviews a bit disconcerting.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Gelves is not easy to find but fine, showers and food, bus stop outside. We found one on outskirts with motorhome services, pool etc uninspiring cheap. Dos Hermanos, remote, under cover but clean washing room. Mainly used for long term parking. Taxi to airport.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just a warning. Check when their fiesta is on. It is a very big one. A few years ago we were stuck in a huge traffic jam on the ring road when we were trying to get round it to get to El Rocio. That was because of the fiesta.

A couple of years later we decided to stop in the Seville Aire for a few days. Horrendous traffic trying to get there with the sat nav saying turn right and the police saying Nope. Blood pressures were going sky high. Cottoned on it was Fiesta time again, doh :doh:. After several hours of getting nowhere we turned tail and headed for El Rocio again to calm down for a few days

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Hi - we stayed on the Aire de autocaravanas sevilla (camper contact).
Its an industrial area, but secure and quiet and very easy access to the city.
That was two weeks ago and suited us using bicycles .the staff there were very helpful.
And I do not think there is any other official parking that close to the centre!
The beautiful parking in the centre beside the river is no longer available to park overnight.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Just a warning. Check when their fiesta is on. It is a very big one. A few years ago we were stuck in a huge traffic jam on the ring road when we were trying to get round it to get to El Rocio. That was because of the fiesta.

A couple of years later we decided to stop in the Seville Aire for a few days. Horrendous traffic trying to get there with the sat nav saying turn right and the police saying Nope. Blood pressures were going sky high. Cottoned on it was Fiesta time again, doh :doh:. After several hours of getting nowhere we turned tail and headed for El Rocio again to calm down for a few days
Hi Peterc. What time of year was this? We’re planning on going there next week for a couple of nights..

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Stayed in the aire for 2 nights in January. It's perfectly functional and a taxi to the centre is not expensive if the walk puts you off. I wear earplugs as there can be some low pitched industrial noise at night.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Thanks. If the trip goes ahead, we will only stay for two or three nights. Whilst I don't expect the Ritz when staying on an aire, I did find the reviews a bit disconcerting.
The approach is a little disconcerting admittedly,however,once in and settled is fine as you will mainly be sleeping there and it’s fine,safe,secure and plenty of like minder folk staying.
The walk to the City is not pleasant a couple of main roads and so on but done easy in 15/20 minutes,however,forget the bus and get an Uber cheap and efficient and at your finger tips,enjoy , Seville is fabulous and do go in an evening the Tapas Bars are worth a visit alone.

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Weve used the aire and will happily use it again. Wonderful city to visit too (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Might be a bit busy then. Wold people recommend the main aire or should I adjust the timing of my visit? I don't really do 'milling mobs'.
If it is the same as we encountered you won't be able to get to the Aire during Fiesta. The traffic was chaos and roads were closed. If you want to see the Fiesta either get get to the Aire the week before or park outside and get the train in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We always stay on a tiny aire (no facilities) next to the bullring. Takes about 5 vans parked carfully on a road pullin, but it's legal, in a residential area with bus stops etc, quiet and no one bothered us at all (apart from Bob & Janie who followed us there!!)

OP
OP
cyberyacht
Dec 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Viennese do you have the exact co-ords? I can't identify it by zooming in on GoogleEarth. If it only takes a few vans, it might not be much of an option during the fiesta though.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Viennese do you have the exact co-ords? I can't identify it by zooming in on GoogleEarth. If it only takes a few vans, it might not be much of an option during the fiesta though.
Sorry no details. It may not even have been Seville - could have been Segovia which is also well worth visiting.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We also stayed 3 days at

Camping Villsom Sevilla

which was 7KM out of the city but a good bus service into the centre so no problems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We were looking to visit last year (never made it) and a spanish bloke we spoke to told us to stay at the port nowhere else, I know a few people who have without issues.

Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed on the Aire (S4S). No problems whatsoever, and a not unpleasant walk into one of the nicest cities you could ever wish to visit.

Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
detleffs
This may be too late but I came across it looking for options for this week. We decided to play safe coming into Easter week and are on our 2nd night at Area Castilleja de Guzman which is 20-30 mins by bus (€1.65 ) from Seville but on a hill with great views over the city (not so good in the rain yesterday ).
Yesterday the city was rammed full for Palm Sunday and there were roadblocks and diversions everywhere (OK on the bus) so I don’t know how that would have impacted the City Aire or Gelves.
As we left the City early this evening there were large numbers of people in their finery and costumes headed into the City so if Easter Week is anything to go by, festival Week 14-20 Apr will be very busy.
The ‘Area’ has no services except bins, is 15 vehicles in a row parallel parked and all with great views. Cycle paths and dog walking on your doorstep.
In short, a great spot but you can’t book it.

The weather in South and South-West Spain is also awful at the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back