Settings for Huawei E5577C MiFi? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 30, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
C class motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have a Huawei E5577C MiFi in our motorhome connected to an external aerial. When it works, it works well, but too often when we use it for the first time on a trip it fails us. It has a good 4G signal and broadcasts wifi to our devices successfully, but the double headed arrow on the display is struck out indicating it is not exchanging data with internet. I suspect there an error in the internal settings which can be adjusted on the control panel. Can anyone help on likely culprits in the settings or another solution?
This is such a recurring problem that I will throw away the Huawei if I can’t sort it!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have a Huawei E5577C MiFi in our motorhome connected to an external aerial. When it works, it works well, but too often when we use it for the first time on a trip it fails us. It has a good 4G signal and broadcasts wifi to our devices successfully, but the double headed arrow on the display is struck out indicating it is not exchanging data with internet. I suspect there an error in the internal settings which can be adjusted on the control panel. Can anyone help on likely culprits in the settings or another solution?
This is such a recurring problem that I will throw away the Huawei if I can’t sort it!
Only had this issue a couple of times with our E5577cs 321 and a reboot of it has always resulted in connection.

You can access the unit by typing 192:168:8:1 into your web browser and then logging in using your user name \ passwords. You can view all the settings / connection status (both internet and units connected) / etc in there.

If you're not changing the sim you shouldn't have to change any of the settings assuming it previously connected.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
There is also a reset button, try removing the battery and sim card, check all the connections are clean. Restart as described go to 192:168.8.1 for the user and. Password type admin in lower case, it will then ask you to reset password etc. ours does this now and again if it hasn’t been used for a while.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Make sure you are using the correct APN for your sim card and also be aware that logging into some mifi/routers from a mobile device may limit access to some settings, best to use a laptop or PC.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We only have a ipad and have not had any problems logging into to our router for over 4 yers, have even done it from our iPhone 12.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
We only have a ipad and have not had any problems logging into to our router for over 4 yers, have even done it from our iPhone 12.
I did say some, my ZTE mf286d router has limited access from mobile devices, I had to use my laptop to access all the settings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back