Seitz Series 5 & 6 flyscreen blind bushes

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Hi Funsters.

If your Seitz / (or whoever has taken them over??) series 5 and 6 flyscreen has broken bushes, you will know that replacement parts are like hens' teeth to get. The only ones I found come as part of a kit at a price somewhere north of £43 or there was a spares place selling the grey spring retaining bush for £20 each plus £6 odd for
p&p.!! :ouch:
20241003_161545.jpg20241003_161608.jpg
Well if that's your problem too, your troubles are now possibly over!!:clap2: I had a grey spring retaining bush break ( very poor design with inherent flaw!) I spoke to my tekkie friend who uses 3D printers and he said he could make both bushes (black and grey) on his 3D printer. Here are the ones he made me for nothing (a pack of lager was my gift to him for 5 sets.) I attach the link to where he has posted the files which can then be downloaded for FREE! and used by a 3D printer to make some copies. he told me the cost per bush was about 15p or less for the plastic! I have attached some photos of the results so you can compare his ones with the original. Now if you want to buy my original, I am open to offers over £20!!! hee hee!

I hope this helps some other older moho owners repair their Seitz window screens for either nothing or a fraction of the price.🤩

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6787026

Happy travels.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back