Sat nav and reversing camera combined? (1 Viewer)

Sep 8, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 2010
Hi I’m looking for a combined screen device for sat nav and wireless reversing camera. Is there such a thing? Seems silly to have two screens. Any advice recommendations please. Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My head unit has Sat nav and I wired my cameras into that, I have 4 cameras via a switch box feeding into it.
Mine are all wired I wouldn't use a wireless camera too many problems with them. You have got to run wires to a wireless camera so not much trouble to run them to the front of the van.

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Hate to disagree with you Lenny but the Garmin bc40 doesn’t have any wires it Bluetooth’s straight to my Garmin sat nav and has worked flawlessly for the last 3yrs and has quite a good range, I can take the sat nav indoors and it still connects with the camera at 20mtrs. Admittedly it is quite expensive and only connects to the Garmin products

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
2x lithium AA Batteries and you have options on the sat nav to activate the camera when sat nav switches on rear camera is displayed or icon on sat nav just push it and camera is displayed, I’ve got my sat nav set up where the rear view mirror should be (even use the rear mirror fittings so I’ve got good line of site I also use my sat nav as the speedo rather than keep looking down at the dash board

Jun 16, 2017
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Happy to help
I have a Kenwood with both front dash cam and rear reverse camera that you can select on the screen.

IMG_3043.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
2x lithium AA Batteries and you have options on the sat nav to activate the camera when sat nav switches on rear camera is displayed or icon on sat nav just push it and camera is displayed, I’ve got my sat nav set up where the rear view mirror should be (even use the rear mirror fittings so I’ve got good line of site I also use my sat nav as the speedo rather than keep looking down at the dash board
Don't like the sound of of that batteries go flat no camera then you have to get the step ladder out to change the batteries.

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Admittedly yours is far better but I originally had a wired camera and separate screen but that with the sat nav cluttered up the dash so I went this route rather than buying a new expensive head unit

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Don't like the sound of of that batteries go flat no camera then you have to get the step ladder out to change the batteries.
As the BC40 is designed to be a ‘reversing’ rather than ‘a rear-view’ camera, mine was mounted on the rear number plate. The batteries lasted for about two years before warning that they were getting low. Having sold the ‘van, I’ve transferred the camera to my Kia… (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Hi I’m looking for a combined screen device for sat nav and wireless reversing camera. Is there such a thing? Seems silly to have two screens. Any advice recommendations please. Thanks

There must be lots of sat nav/radio systems that have a reverse camera input. Mine has the pioneer avic-evo1 fitted which does all that.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
+1 for the Garmin and BC-40
Works well and the lithium batteries last ages.
My only concern is it snaps into the holder above the number plate and at first I was fearful of losing it over the bumps.
No happened so far.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
No…..(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have a Kenwood head unit complete with radio, DAB, CD, Garmin sat nav, bluetooth and USB connections for phone. It is wired to a Sony double camera so that I can use it both as a rear view mirror pointing backwards or a reversing camera pointing down. It can have a split screen so that you can have the sat nav and rear camera running simultaneously. Wired into the leisure battery so that we can use the radio and bluetooth connections when parked on site if we want to.

I have a separate front facing Nextbase camera.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back