Sargent Unit & B2B (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

tmc

Jul 23, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,

I am in the process of an OFF-GRID Lithium install and have a couple of questions, probably already answered, but a search did not reveal what I wanted to know.

Split charge disable: I found a diagram on here but it just shows the vehicle battery being disconnected via a relay [in this instance inserted in the 2 reds from the VB to the Sargent unit, leaving the Leisure battery still in circuit [2 browns] to the Sargent Unit. Can anyone tell me why the LB does not need disconnecting in the same way?

Also, mains charger. I shall be replacing the PX300 with a Votronic Pb 1250 SMT 3B.
The spec states Max. current consumption (230 V AC) 3.7 A,
Max. current consumption (AC) 5.2 A

First of all, out of interest, I understand the first figure but what is the second figure about?

But the actual question is..does anyone know if the Sargent Unit output to the PX300 [3A] can cope with this new charger? It would be handy to just remove one and plug it straight into the other.

Thanks

Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
B
Hi all,

I am in the process of an OFF-GRID Lithium install and have a couple of questions, probably already answered, but a search did not reveal what I wanted to know.

Split charge disable: I found a diagram on here but it just shows the vehicle battery being disconnected via a relay [in this instance inserted in the 2 reds from the VB to the Sargent unit, leaving the Leisure battery still in circuit [2 browns] to the Sargent Unit. Can anyone tell me why the LB does not need disconnecting in the same way?

Also, mains charger. I shall be replacing the PX300 with a Votronic Pb 1250 SMT 3B.
The spec states Max. current consumption (230 V AC) 3.7 A,
Max. current consumption (AC) 5.2 A

First of all, out of interest, I understand the first figure but what is the second figure about?

But the actual question is..does anyone know if the Sargent Unit output to the PX300 [3A] can cope with this new charger? It would be handy to just remove one and plug it straight into the other.

Thanks
May I ask why you are fitting a new mains charger as you say you are doing an off grid install ?

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Sorry if that confused...not always off grid...that is the name of RoadPro batteries.
I've fitted a lithium (Lifepo4) battery, MPPT solar controller with lithium charge profile and B2B with lithium profile.
I've left my Sargent PX300 in situ as although if does not have a lithium profile, the lead acid profile is 14.4v charge and 13.6v float which is OK for lithium.
It won't charge my battery to 100%, probably 90% but as I would be on EHU that is not an issue.
It does not have a desulfation charge, which would be to high a voltage for lithium.
I only spend a couple of nights on EHU a year.
If I spent a lot of nights on EHU I would probably fit a lithium profile charger.
Having said that if I spent a lot of nights on EHU I probably wouldn't have bothered fitting lithium.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back