Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
The Sargent controller says that the vehicle battery is at 4v and therefore won’t operate the step or two interior lights which are powered via the vehicle battery. However the vehicle battery is new and tests at 13.5v. Does anyone have an idea why the controller thinks otherwise? Oh on a sunny day with lots of solar the controller will then read 13v and the step and lights will work. Any thoughts would be appreciated 👍

OP
OP
Dave Scadding
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
It could be one of the connections at the starter battery is poor or the control power supply fuse holder at/near the battery is faulty./corroded
Thanks GeoffnDee I’ve been there and all looks good. I’m thinking maybe the controller is US?

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If EC200 works ok when it reads a good voltage when the solar is operating that points to a low power supply from the starter battery , can you check the starter battery supply voltage readings at the EC200 ? I think the starter battery supply may be the brown/green cable at the 3 x way multi-plug connection at the EC200

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Re-boot the controller by either shutting it down completely or remove the panel and unplug the cable.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
I had to replace mine recently, original unit no longer available so an EC380 does the job, straight replacement apart from an8 way connector has to replace the original 7 way. You have to cut the old one off and splice the (7) wires- 1 is spare. It is a bit confined but manageable. Also you have to replace the remote panel as the old one is not compatible- just a swap.
Total cost was £662.44.
Ordered Friday afternoon, arrived Monday morning.
I believe Apuljax rebuild them but you have to send it to them, they check it and repair as necessary
but I thought a new one i9s better because of course it's ALL new.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave Scadding
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
I had to replace mine recently, original unit no longer available so an EC380 does the job, straight replacement apart from an8 way connector has to replace the original 7 way. You have to cut the old one off and splice the (7) wires- 1 is spare. It is a bit confined but manageable. Also you have to replace the remote panel as the old one is not compatible- just a swap.
Total cost was £662.44.
Ordered Friday afternoon, arrived Monday morning.
I believe Apuljax rebuild them but you have to send it to them, they check it and repair as necessary
but I thought a new one i9s better because of course it's ALL new.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave
Thanks Dave, I think I’ll try disconnecting the PSU first to see if it will re boot.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave Scadding
Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Re-boot the controller by either shutting it down completely or remove the panel and unplug the cable.
Thanks, I’ve removed the panel in the hope it may re set but no☹️. I’m going to disconnect the PSU and see if that fixes it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back