Sad day for us, but an golden opportunity for a funster… (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Following an extended period of ill health, we are sadly selling our much loved Swift Kon Tiki 669 which we purchased new in September 2016 (66 plate).

We have received an agreeable cash offer from the trade, however before we accept the deal we just wondered if any forum member would like the opportunity to buy a motorhome at a trade price and enjoy the benefit of a significant saving over forecourt prices.

If anyone is interested, it is listed in the Forum classified ads, but please shout quick as we only have a short window to accept the trade offer.

OP
OP
cornish boy
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Just wanted to close the loop on this thread.

We have sold our motorhome to a lovely forum member.

Just can’t explain just how much selling to someone on here, rather than into the trade, has helped take the sting out of selling.

Our motor homing life may be over, but we have no regrets - it’s been an absolute blast…

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09

Just can’t explain just how much selling to someone on here, rather than into the trade, has helped take the sting out of selling.

Our motor homing life may be over, but we have no regrets - it’s been an absolute blast…
I just tried the same thing on my rollerteam.
Has to go by Tuesday now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sorry to hear about your ill health cornish boy, also sad that you have given up the motorhome travels.
Great news about selling onto a Funster though, everyone's happy now.
I always wondered if you were the same guys that had an extensive travel thread on Swift Talk, if so I used to follow it often, especially the winter trips up the Alps, and the fast boat trips to the Channel Islands, with some great pictures. They were always interesting, and I missed your travels when we sold The Swift Caravan and left the Swift Talk Scene.
Best wishes & good luck for the future to you both.(y)
LES

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I had the same feeling when I decided the boat had to go.

There was a guy who started doing some work on my boat about 20 years ago and we became close friends. He is an excellent marine engineer so was the obvious recipient.

The boat needed some work, and since he is my Executor and was due to get the boat in my Will, I just gave it to him.

It is still in Greece and we are off down there mid-Aug and will meet up to see the refurbished vessel.

I know the boat has gone to a good home and will be cared for - better than I could.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back